Polly (3/23); Teaka (3/23); Buffy (3/16???) @ Flyin' G Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning! Well Teaka's nipples are filling in and I can easily get a substantial amount of very sticky fluid, so hopefully we are FINALLY getting close. She has been miserable and very clingy. I can also easily get fluid from Polly now, although it is not yet really sticky. Buffy is the same...a little more than a handful of a bag...not by any means a full tight bag. So here we sit...353 and 360 days.

"353 and 360 days" Ugh this is why I do not miss breeding! But my oh my the resulting little babies I sure do miss them!!!
default_yes.gif

I hear you! Prior to this, our longest was 357, but for the most part our average was in the 330-340 day range. I'm glad I'm not the only one with mares going so long...but I'm VERY READY to meet these foals already...sheesh!

Very clingy can be a sign of foaling! Come on Teaka it's time to get this show on the road!!

The change in behavior is a great sign! Keep us posted, and let's get moving ladies!! We're all waiting to see what you've been cooking!

Guess what??? They're all still pregnant
default_frusty.gif

I don't really have anything new to report. All 3 of them are wanting to stick pretty close to me when I'm in their stalls. They are all miserable, Polly/Teaka especially. So I don't know what to say other than HURRY UP GIRLS!!!
default_impatient.jpg

Praying for the safe and uneventful delivery of all healthy little ones.....when the girls decide it's time!
default_pray.gif

Keep us posted!

Tonight's update: Polly's bag/nipples are very firm...I have sympathy boob pain checking her! Lol. Teaka has had a teeny tiny bit of wax-like build-up the last couple of days but not they typical wax she gets before foaling. She is not at all excited about having me check her. I can easily get fluid from each. Teaka's is stickier than Polly's but both still clear. Buffy actually has a little bit smaller bag, still maybe 1/2 full, so ????

So, maybe we'll get 2 Easter bubs! Sounds like Polly is ready to go, so watch them carefully, as they can pop in a minute!

Ooooo it sounds exciting Tracy!! Hopefully there will be an announcment (if not two!) very soon.

We have WAX!!! Both Teaka and Polly have wax. First picture us Teaka, second is Polly (sorry this one is blurry!).

image.jpg

image.jpg

FILLY...a few minutes after 3pm. It was a red bad and Polly just assumed because I was there I would take care of it for her. So, the baby was born while she was standing up and not really pushing...ugh...but all us well. The filly is a little pistol and was up and nursing within an hour and trying to run/buck within 2. The hubby has already named her Lilly. Now hopefully that will kick start Teaka!!!

GREAT SAVE !!!! Of course, she felt safe knowing you were there. It's such a great lesson for all here to learn that we can't take anything for granted and MUST watch these little mommas like hawks. Without your careful watching of her, this would have been a loss, so GREAT GOING!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of little Lily!

Come on Teaka!!!!

I agree Diane...very important to take nothing got granted! I will get some pics later...I hate posting awkward newborn pics, but I am very pleased with what I am seeing. She's quite a little pistol already!

Latest posts

Back