Political topics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I'm out ladies & gents. It's SO close to being over, so I'll just watch quietly.[/SIZE]

We've had some pretty horrible things going on with a family member in the last few days with progressive substance/alcohol abuse, depression and a suicide attempt. It's not anyone known to the horse world, but very close to us. I'm focusing on my family and how to help the person help themself and also protect MY family too from the possible effects of the invidual's actions, which includes not allowing them near my family or home if they choose to use drugs or alcohol.
default_no.gif

I'll read when I have time, but there are other things for us all to focus on. Hug your kids/parents/siblings/spouse/friends every chance you get and tell them how loved they are and how VALUABLE they are to your life. I am so blessed with my family, my incredible kids and my amazing husband and friends.

Your prayers would be welcome too
default_wub.png

oh, and everybody please make sure to vote tomorrow if you haven't already
default_wink.png

My thoughts and prayers are with you Laura and the person you are helping!

Yep I'm THANKFUL for all my Forum friends NO MATTER WHO they vote for Tuesday. Its WONDERFUL to live in a country where this is possible. [SIZE=36pt] GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!![/SIZE]

Sending best wishes that everything will turn out well for everyone that is involved. It sure is rough trying to help someone over a bump in the road.

Laura, I pray that everything works out well for the person that you are talking about.

I am also sending prayers your way also as its going to be a long road ahead for all of you.

Joyce

Good Luck Laura. Keeping your family safe is the most important thing..

Missy

Sending prayers your way. I also pray the person you are helping recognizes the out reached hand you are offering.

Im sorry Laura...

I hope it works out well and you get an extra bright spot in your day tomorrow!

Makes you realize the world just keeps on going no matter what. Prayers to you and your family right now

Prayers to you and you family, and good thoughts that all goes well for the person you are helping.

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks everyone
default_wub.png
We had to institute the tough love principle today, which hurt everyone, but I hope she realizes (and I think she does) that we are doing it out of love. We've reached the point where SHE has to do it herself, we can't and won't rescue her anymore
default_no.gif
We took her home today. She's doing OK tonight and is making PLANS for helping herself![/SIZE]

Since the kids got me up at 3:30 am (after I finally got to sleep after midnight), Zac needing to go potty and Mia sick, and Mia's running a fever tonight of over 103.5...and I had SEVEN horses get out this afternoon-I must have a tree down on a lower mountain shelf pasture fence..luckily it was 7 of the sweetest and Mommy's favorites, so they were quickly caught, loaded in the trailer (I went alone and Steve stayed with Zac and sicky Mia), got them hauled home and put in ANOTHER pasture till that one is inspected.......I'm just TIRED and I'm going to bed. I'm getting up early to go vote while Steve stays with the kids. He has to be at work by 9, so I hope I get out fast, so he can go vote on the way to work.

Good night all and thank so much for your prayers and support
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry to read about all the problems in your family. I hope this person does get the help she needs and is able to straighten out her life. I hope little Mia gets better soon too. Poor girl
default_sad.png

Laura the Tough Love thing is sometimes the only thing that works. We usually exhaust ourselves and all other possibilities first because the thought of not "helping" is alien to us....but sometimes that's all we can do. Hang in there - I know it's hard!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back