ploughing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiona

Reaction score
Someone's making a plough for me. I've never ploughed before! How do i learn? I guess starting on some ground that is already quite loose would be a good idea.
it'll be a pair of 32" mini shetlands

Yes, I would start on loose soil for sure. It is hard work. Not sure what your plow will look like, but your two might have a hard time doing the work. I've attached a photo of the horse drawn plow my grandfather used. I know there were different plows for different kinds of work. I'm not sure what this type of blade was used for. It is HEAVY. And keeping it upright in a furrow was hard work. Stanley's plow.jpg

I’ve read articles in my donkey and mule magazine by anarchy acres and he has a website. He does farming with 2or3mini donkeys. He might have some information for you about that kind of stuff.

Oh yes I've seen Anarchy Acres on Youtube. We're using modern components designed for hand-pulled ploughs... the fabricator is making thej wooden part (ash). I don't know if it'll work.
The point of using mini is that i'm thinking of gardens and allotments... square metres not acres... where even my 12 hand pony looks like an Elephant.
it's a shot in the dark for sure.. thanks for the pic that's really useful!

here's the design we're copyingl

Attachments

• Michael Kitchen - ploughing.jpg
    Michael Kitchen - ploughing.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 12
Me also! Once I get my team of long ears trained I plan on doing several different things with them so they can “earn their keep”. Things like logging, raking the yard, etc.

Latest posts

Back