Please welcome and Color Help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrestigeMiniHorses

Reaction score
Indian Peaks Dust in the wind

This is my newest herd member.

OK I am so confused John and them said Silver Smokey Black, AMHA said Silver Buckskin and AMHR says silver dapple. From where they clipped his bridle path and the side of his neck. I would said say silver dapple. He has been color tested and he does care single strand of the cream gene and is heterozygous for silver. So I am confused. What do you all think??

He looks like silver smokey black to me. Or just a smoky black. I get smokey black quite a bit, some get the lighter colored mane mixed with black because of the sun.

If he has one cream gene and at least one silver gene, he is Smokey Silver Black. If he didn't have the cream gene, he'd just be a silver black (silver dapple). To be a silver buckskin, you'd have to test him additionally for the agouti (bay) gene. If he had that gene, it would turn him from a Smokey Black to a Buckskin.

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
He not only looks smokey silver black, but is tested as so. Maybe the registries didn't accept silver smokey black and/or decided to pick their own colors. They like to do that sometimes...

Otherwise maybe he was registered before being tested. You could always contact the registration offices and see if they'll accept silver smokey black. If anything, change his AMHA papers to silver black. At least then it'll just be missing the cream instead of the buckskin which is saying he has agouti when he doesn't.

Thank you all so much. I will make sure I call them and see if they will accept that or like ohmt stated atleast smokey black. Weird is all I can say haha.. I am terrble at colors so I thought I would ask. Will be calling them tomorrow.
default_smile.png

Just wanted to say again CONGRATS Kourtney on getting him....he's really nice and you'll do well next year showing him and your others
default_wub.png

Definitely a Smoky Silver Black. The Cream appears to inhibit the expression of Silver, that is why he is not typically coloured. Congratulations, he is a nice horse!

Congratulations hes a lovely boy
default_aktion033.gif

I have a silver smokey black stallion , on his amha papers it says grey and on his amhr papers it says palomino and on his french ID papers it say chocolate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill be sending them all off for change of ownership next week and Ill try to get the changed , not sure how easy thats going to be

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back