Please tell me this is not latest trend. (Graphic Photos)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap! My title as ALL wrong!
default_new_shocked.gif

I don't know if the new set-up as the full-editor feature where you can also go in and fix the title; look for it and see.

And, that "training" practice is sickening.

I fixed your title..
default_yes.gif

The trend?? UGH!
Thank you so much! I tried and it wouldn't let me! Must just be a little kink in the system.

I find the trend to be sickening. I am really hoping the trend hasn't spread into shetlands (because there is so much Hackney breeding) and minis!

I would think that a neck sweat would be much easier!

Just because of ONE horrible individual does this does NOT make it a trend or fad.

And I can also say that hackney and Shetland trainers do not do this, either.

There are all sorts of abuse or borderline abuse, and I've even seen it at mini nationals. No breed is safe from it...

Definitely not a trend here--just because someone (or even a number of people) in South Africa has done this doesn't mean it's being done here. I have never seen or heard of anyone doing this to their horses--not hackneys, shetlands nor minis--thank goodness.

Wow, that is terrible! I think this is something like Rollkur in dressage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to point out, in case you didn't notice. The picture without the twine was of a small necksweat that is used in the us routinely. The website painted them as equally inhumane. I hope they used the encounter to educate the farm how to sweat the neck correctly.

Disgusting!!! I can't say what i would like to do to those people. Those pics broke my heart. Everything about it is just so cruel.

Just to point out, in case you didn't notice. The picture without the twine was of a small necksweat that is used in the us routinely. The website painted them as equally inhumane. I hope they used the encounter to educate the farm how to sweat the neck correctly.
Those neck sweats also make for excellent dual-purpose cribbing collars actually. The Saddlebred farm I worked at had a hackney who cribbed AND had a thick neck and that's what they used it for for years.

The twine though is just cruel, that poor horse.

Latest posts

Back