Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purple cotton gauze and a purple paisley to do the yoke and purple ribbon to finish the edge with (as I used blue ribbon on this shirt)

Then I have black and a gorgeous dragonfly material to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Robin! Good job! Please show the others when they are done
default_yes.gif
Can't wait to see the Dragon fly and black!

You have a lot of patience to sew it by hand. I love the look of the material...looks so comfy! Can't wait to see the next ones.

I am working on a father/daughter portrait for a commission for a Christmas gift. When I have the outline done I will post an update.

Well the weather is getting colder and I'm not a huge fan of that so I have been sewing alittle. Here are a couple tops that need to be squared up, bordered, and backings put on.

2013-09-17_16-29-59_494.jpg

2013-09-17_16-30-38_510.jpg

2013-09-17_16-36-23_631.jpg

2013-09-17_16-37-20_240.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much. I had a bit of a difficult time getting started, but once I did, it finally just started flowing and I really love these two quilts. I might have to take some of the fabric and make a smaller quilt for my niece. [birthday after the first of the year, as I already have Christmas covered.]

Simply beautiful. I loved the first one, and then, saw the second and loved it too. Great choice of fabric and patterns!

Lois I have some of the fabric available if you are interested, well I bought a bolt of each, so have plenty left.

Both are made up patterns. The one with all the small squares is a disappearing 9-patch with plain squares and the big square in a square for the center. The other is just two sizes of square in a square and the heart blocks (plus a little sashing). I hated those heart blocks when I first started, so I started and finished the other quilt and then went back to the hearts and they weren't so bad, then.

I will keep that in mind.

Right now I am unpacking all my fabric stash and tools and by the looks of it I need to use some of my stashed fabric before I buy anymore. I want to keep all my crafts in this one room and will be buying fabric only when I need it for a project to use fabric already here.

I repaired a teddy bear this morning. My first time sewing by hand in this home. It was fun and he feels much better…lol. I am looking for one particular kit that I moved and haven't found it yet. It is a kit to make a handmade angel to top our Christmas tree…wish I could find it, but I guess I will just make it for next year if I don't find it very soon. I did find our glass Christmas tree topper.

The good news is that when I find it I will find another whole box of craft/sewing or embroidery stuff. My husband is going to have to put up a few more shelves for me to fill up. I still have all my yarn for weaving and crocheting to put away. One good thing about moving was to finish all my handmade gifts in August and now I can work on things for this house and not be in a hurry to get things done in time for Christmas.

I'm making some table runners (the 10-minute variety with no batting) for Christmas gifts, and except one, all 6 are strictly stash fabric (the one has new fabric for the focus piece, I only had a 10" piece left, so not much good for sale). My sister is getting seasonal table runners for Christmas; I have Christmas, Fall, flowery and a kitty print. I had extra fabric, so making 3 more of the fall table runners.

Shari that is amazing. Your colours are so rich and the yarn looks so luxurious. What type of wool or blend is this one?

I made my DIL (well my son's girlfriend) a pair of table runners in a rich red and gold fabric for her to use over Christmas. A long one that goes the length of the table with the leaf in and a shorter one that is meant to then be placed across the table so they make a + on the table top when used together. She will use them over a white table cloth for a really sharp look. The bonus is due to the measurements of her table the shorter runner can be used alone down the length of the table when she has no leaf in and it is a small more intimate gathering. Now I'll have to think of what to give her for Christmas lol, maybe I should have held on tho the runners and given her those ;)

Shari that is amazing. Your colours are so rich and the yarn looks so luxurious. What type of wool or blend is this one?

I made my DIL (well my son's girlfriend) a pair of table runners in a rich red and gold fabric for her to use over Christmas. A long one that goes the length of the table with the leaf in and a shorter one that is meant to then be placed across the table so they make a + on the table top when used together. She will use them over a white table cloth for a really sharp look. The bonus is due to the measurements of her table the shorter runner can be used alone down the length of the table when she has no leaf in and it is a small more intimate gathering. Now I'll have to think of what to give her for Christmas lol, maybe I should have held on tho the runners and given her those ;)
Thank you!

It is supposed to be Gotland lamb. But I am thinking maybe a Gotland mix? Is pretty soft and very shinny.

Need pictures of your wonderful things!!

I can't supply pictures since I already gave her the runners but if I get a chance over the holidays and am at her house when she is actually using them I will take a picture of her table and share it here.

I am considering getting some sheep and would like to factor in the type of fleece they grow when I am shopping. I would like to actually have the wool be useful rather than just something that must be clipped off and disposed of (I would use some myself but really not enough to not end up with lots of unused wool) . Around here no one seems to want the standard wools from sheep like suffolk or cheviot so I am increasingly curious about other options.

Back