Please say a prayer for our friends

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bev

Reaction score
The destruction from the hurricane will not soon be forgotten.. Its been wonderful to hear from some of our fellow mini breeders that have survived. They are in our prayers and our hearts go out to them.. Please lets not forget those who have yet to checked in....My long time friend Debra Gee (Dranna Farm) was located in Montegut Lousianna - we have yet to hear from her.. we are keeping her in our every thought and prayer and are hoping she made it out... I havent spoken to her since early last week, she emailed to show off a new colt... that was just born. If anyone has any information about her please let me know.....As the hours pass we are beginning to fear the worse....
sad.gif

Sending hugs and thoughts for strength and a positive outcome.
sad.gif

My prayers are with Debra too. I keep hoping she and her animals & birds are all okay, but it seems likely that area was hard hit. Praying she's just cut off and cannot get word out to anyone...

That is so scarey, Bev. I wish I had some brilliant idea of how to reach her, but it sounds as though cell phones are out all over down there.

If you perhaps knew of some mutual friends that live out of harms way but within driving distance of her??? Maybe they could make the drive???

MA

My prayers go out to them all.

It is just overwhelming to try and imagine what these people must be going thru. My heart and prayers go out to everyone touched by the destruction made by Katrina. I hope you hear something from your friend soon.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims. I have been watching the coverage on CNN, and it breaks my heart to see it all. It seems like it can't be real...like this is something that would only happen "somewhere else", and not in the areas that we know people, and have friends. My heart and my prayers go out to them all.
pray.gif

I have also been worrying about Debra and her critters.

I pray that she found higher ground before the storm hit and that she is safe, but unable to communicate with anyone.

I will add her to my prayer list. Is she anywhere near where Monette could stop in? Do you know who would be the closest farm to her who has communication?

Another night has come and gone and still no word from Debra or her family....we are still hoping that she is just somewhere safe and just cant reach us due to phone lines being down....I wish we were closer so we could go check on her.....Im not sure who is close to her... She is on HWY 55- in Montegut---- if anyone from Lousianna knows anything about the area and the damage there, please PM me and let me know the situation... She is at the old Dranna Homestead.. this place is well known in the area - it was owned by the old town doctor for many years.... I can come and help but with the soaring gas prices and the problems with violence taking place- I need to know if she needs help or of by some chance she made it out before making the trip...... everyone is in our prayers < May God Keep You Safe>>>>>

pray.gif
Praying that she is safe and sound. All those she knows and loves are too.

I think we should all really think about this post.. this is the true tragedy. The real issue here not weather we get to the BIG show.. not gas prices. or what they will do to our prices.

It is the real world.. People are in pain and real danger. This is not in some far off land. They are people we know... thousands dead and missing. In our nation on our soil.
no.gif

And we worry about the price of gas.. I'm ashamed.
sad.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Certainly praying for Debra too..... hope we hear something soon.[/SIZE]

Lyn

littlearab said:
pray.gif
Praying that she is safe and sound. All those she knows and loves are too.
I think we should all really think about this post.. this is the true tragedy. The real issue here not weather we get to the BIG show.. not gas prices. or what they will do to our prices.

It is the real world.. People are in pain and real danger. This is  not in some far off land. They are people we know... thousands dead and missing. In our nation on our soil. 
no.gif

And we worry about the price of gas.. I'm ashamed.
sad.gif

459377[/snapback]

Well I can't speak for everyone here, but in my case I worry about the AVAILABILITY of gas, not so much the price. I HAVE to work, I live 40+ miles from my job if I can't get gas I can't work. I don't think anyone here is trying to 'sugar coat' what the folks in MS and LA are dealing with (it's a horrific mess between the war-minded individuals that are now so desperate they're resorting to violence and the total distruction), but (and again I'm speaking for myself) if I sit here and dwell on what I can't do to help them, it will not be a good thing for me (I have been sick for days due to the stress of worrying for people I know over there). I will help where I can but I have to let go and let my prayers, thoughts and donations be sufficient. Please understand, I consider our area VERY VERY fortunate because it's usually US that gets hit....however I am very well aware of what others are going through (having been through hurricane hits for years here), I'm not cold to it, but I can't dwell on it 24 hours a day or it will consume and destroy me. That's just my take on it....so you can be ashamed of me if you want, it's your prerogative.

sad.gif
I in no way meant to say I think anyone else should be ashamed. I said I was ashamed..... that I was thinking of cost to myself and forgetting the much higher cost ours have paid and will pay.

If I have to only make 1 trip to town a week 30 miles.. , if the mare I'm having shipped costs me more it too bad. That is just a drop in the bucket compared to losing everything. To losing ones home, life or loved ones.

I know a family down there no ones heard from them yet. I pray they are safe.. but when I hear and see the news I have to stop...... and my heart just goes numb..

No one can or should stop thier life because of this, but one should stop and give it all time to really sink in......

All I hear on the radio and news this morning how high gas prices going up...

I believe we are a very spoiled counrty.

littlearab said:
sad.gif
I in no way meant to say I think anyone  else should be ashamed. I said I was ashamed..... that I was thinking of cost to myself and forgetting the much higher cost ours have paid and will pay.If I have to only make 1 trip to town a week 30 miles.. , if the  mare I'm having shipped costs me more it too bad. That is just a drop in the bucket compared to losing everything. To losing ones home, life or loved ones.

I know a family down there no ones heard from them yet. I pray they are safe.. but when I hear and see the news I have to stop...... and my heart just goes numb..

No one can or should stop thier life  because of this, but one should stop and give it all time to really sink in......

All I hear on the radio and news  this morning  how high gas prices going up...

I believe we are a very spoiled counrty.

459510[/snapback]

Ok, I misunderstood your point...and I agree with you, no one should ignore it but I find if I let it sink in too much I just feel worse for people that I can't personally go and save. It's the 'superwoman' chromosone in me I think (dang it anyway
smile.gif
)

I had a talk with my son last night. He's 'misplaced' out of his bedroom right now because we are repainting it and putting new furniture in it. I told him to be thankful that he has that big pile of 'stuff' in the corner that would be going back into his room when we're done with it. He looked at me like I'd sprouted another head (more so as if to ask "why are we having this talk, Mom?"). He's been through this hurricane evacuation thing a few times now so it's pretty much old news to him, but since this one didn't affect us, he was unsure why I was so upset (the innocence of children
wub.gif
) I had already turned the TV off because of seeing too many 'blanket covered bodies' and I just asked him to try to imagine for just a moment what it would be like to have NOTHING to go home to...or even a home to go to for that matter. He's only 6 but he's an old soul and a very deep thinker for his age...he got what I meant and I could see the sadness in his eyes. He is compassionate beyond his years and he hates to think of anyone suffering in any way...

My emotions are very raw with this whole thing, I apologize for taking your post out of context. I agree this is a very spoiled country and inconvenience is something a lot of people (myself included at times) find beyond annoying...as a matter of fact last year after Hurricane Ivan hit VERY CLOSE TO HOME, we were without power and had damage to contend with. It was hot, we had no power, no water and no ice. We were having to truck a generator back and forth from my parents house to keep our freezer and refridgerator cold...and I was irritable...but in retrospect...I was spoiled even then, at least I HAD a refridgerator and freezer...I had clothes to change into after I sponged off, I had a home PERIOD...I too am ashamed for how I felt then...I know now how bad it COULD have been, and to be honest there are no guarantees that next time (and there will most definitely be a next time) that it won't be just that bad here. *shudder*

I apologize again for jumping...I too pray that your friends and their families are safe....

Latest posts

Back