Please say a little prayer for Streaker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Was getting ready for bed last night around 10:30 pm, turned on the monitor to check on the babies and Streaker was flopping in the stall like a fish on a line!
default_sad.png
I was just at the barn 30 minutes earlier and everyone was fine! :roll: We ran to the barn half dressed and grabed him up off the ground! He was hurting bad! As soon as we let go of him he would drop and roll! I called the vet while Wanalynn ran to the house to get a shot of Banimine! My vet called me right back and said to give him 1/2cc of Banimine and bring him to the hospital ASAP! We loaded up Cindy Lou and Streaker and off we went! We got there in 30 minutes and Streaker was looking better, but a bit sheaky! They drew blood and the bloodwork was all normal! Which is a good thing! :D His temp was up slightly, 101.8 so the vet decided to keep him for observation over night! Jason, the vet tech, said he would stay with him through the night and there was any changes at all he would call! No phone call, so that's a good thing! I'm going to the hospital this AM to check on Streaker, so please say a little prayer for him! He is 1 month old today! I will update you all later![/SIZE]

Bill

CindyLou08colt.jpg

Update 4-30-08 5:15PM

[SIZE=14pt]Streaker's home from the hospital! Vet said, he had a slight impaction colic! Caused from him eating moms feed and hay and not drinking enough water! All his bloodwork came back normal today also and he didn't even have to be tubed because he had good gut sounds! His temp is back to normal and he's running and playing with his buddy Spot! :grin: We have to give him 10cc's of Mineral oil once a day for 3 weeks to help things pass easier! Thank you all for keeping Streaker in your thought's and prayers![/SIZE]

Bill & Wanalynn

Last edited by a moderator:
I pray Streaker is doing better this morning and will be on his way home.

Tammie~

Oh Bill and Wannalyn so sorry for your little Streaker prayers from here that daylight makes things look much brighter and Streaker will be much improved.

Sending prayers!! We had a foal the same age do the exact same thing a couple years ago. At the hospital she passed a huge ball of hair. From then on we clip way more hair off the dam.

Bill, I'm so sorry to hear about your little guy. My prayers sent his way.

Rita

Am definitely sending prayers for little Streaker. I will be watching for his update!

[SIZE=18pt]Update 4-30-08 5:15PM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Streaker's home from the hospital! Vet said, he had a slight impaction colic! Caused from him eating moms feed and hay and not drinking enough water! All his bloodwork came back normal today also and he didn't even have to be tubed because he had good gut sounds! His temp is back to normal and he's running and playing with his buddy Spot! :grin: We have to give him 10cc's of Mineral oil once a day for 3 weeks to help things pass easier! Thank you all for keeping Streaker in your thought's and prayers![/SIZE]

Bill & Wanalynn

So glad to hear Streaker is doing well I do have a question though we have a colt about the same age how do we make sure he is drinking enough as he too will eat some of moms grain and hay, He nurses often but doesnt drink alot of water that we see. How do we insure it? Should mineral oil be given as a preventative?

Wow! What a scary experience! Try to grow up on you too fast!! I'm glad he's doing much better for you!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back