*Please Read* Training Logs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you use a Training Log, bord thinggy (idk what to call it)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
I had an idea, we should see if administration would make another thinggy that ppl can make a topic where they can post there Training sesions. And if the go to a show, how they did, how they placed. I think that Having a training log board thinggy would be really good. But the reall question would you guys use it? i would hate to have an Idea, get them to do it, and no one would use it. The benifits is that you could post your training sessions, watch your animal's progress, and mabey other people have an idea that you could use! i think we would all beniffit from this. Like i said before would the members use it?

-Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
I started a blog like that about a month ago when I was training 3 mostly performance minis for 3 shows in late August/ September. I included what training I was doing that day, when I clipped (what blade even) and what I was feeding our insulin resistent show mare. Only a couple of people read it so I stopped after a few days and deleted the whole thing. I THOUGHT it was a good idea but I think it is very much an age thing. I notice that the blogs about concerts were much more popular.

I probably would not read or write on it because I am usually so busy during that time of year that I nearly have no time just to see the things on the forums that are already in place. I don't even do blogging anywhere else because of the time factor.

Time factor was exactly the reason I stopped writing my blog when almost no one was reading it. As mentioned, it is hard enough (in my case anyway!) to get three minis ready for shows, that I didn't need to spend time writing about it if no one was interested. But it did sound like a good idea....

I keep a log like that but I keep it for ME, not because I care if other people are reading it. I want to be able to look back and see when my horse mastered xyz, how old he was when he did thus-and-such, and to be able to see my own progress as a driver. It's the same reason I do write-ups on my events for the forum- it's more for me than the forum! Sadly I've been so busy driving the last two years that I've barely written up anything at all and now of course the experiences are gone beyond recall.
default_sad.png
It's too bad!

Leia

Latest posts

Back