Please Pray for Our Small Town

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockRiverTiff

Reaction score
I don't want to get anyone on here riled, but I am so scared right now. A few days ago they found an old man dead in his car and have been hunting for his murderer since. Today they found three more victims. I was out with Mo feeding horses tonight when I got the call that he was in town near our home, and that he had killed again. We decided to wait it out for a bit at the farm office, and five minutes ago I got a call from a friend with a police scanner that there was a reported sighting at the intersection our farm is at. Literally feet from where I'm sitting. I haven't seen any police cars, but I am terrified to go outside. I am also afraid to go back to my house. Mo is pacing and watching the doors. I have been praying and am near tears. My grandmother lives up the road, and she is locked in and safe with her dogs. I don't know where he is or what's going on, but please pray for us and our little town.

default_new_shocked.gif
Can you call the police or friends to come be with you?

Sending prayers of protection and safety your way...please keep us posted.

OMGod my heart goes out to you and your family and friends. Prayers for your safety. Praying for them to catch this perp real soon and for God to give you peace of mind and faith that this will be over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! This is scary. Lock everything and stay as safe as possible. This guy is running for all he is worth.

I'm surprised if he was cited in your area that you haven't been visited by law enforcement.

Prayers for you!

NEWS 8

NEWS 8

The Creep

I just wanted to let you guys know that we are home and safe. The police were down the road from the farm, but as far as we know it was unrelated to the murderer. The neighbors called to say the police searched our area and then immediately left, so we made a mad dash for the car and headed home. Mo and his trusty Louisville Slugger checked out the house, but I still jump at every noise. This lunatic is FROM the area--apparently he left and then came back because there are reports of at least three additional victims outside the area. His official body count is five, but I have heard all sorts of horrible rumors. The two towns (Rock Falls and Sterling) are side by side and virtually everyone is on lockdown. My phone has been ringing off the hook, or I would have updated sooner. Please continue praying (I know I will).

I am praying for your safety. I am sure you will be careful and I can only pray that all will be okay with you and your family!

So scary...we had something similar, here, but the man had not actally killed anyone. I cannot imagine how frightened you must be.

Keep a telephone with you at all times and 911 on the speed dial.

Liz

OMG...It scares me just reading this post. Please keep us updated I hope they catch him SOON!

Do you know of this guy?...or did he come from somewhere else?

Prayers for you and your town.

OMG...St. Louis MO is only about 3.5 to 4 hours from my home...this is really scary.

Please post if you hear anything new.

Last edited:
Thinking of you, Tiffany!!!!

This just makes me think even more (I think of it a lot) how "we" all need to be so careful. I think horse farms would be a target for bad men because at so many of them, you've got women out alone away from help and distracted early in the morning, after dark... Someone could hide in a stall, tack room, etc.

Everyone needs to be alert.

Yes Jill is right. Please be careful. Go in pairs or even 3 together if you can. Now is a time to have a tazer or cattle prode handy. Prayers for your continued safety and God bless.

This kind of thing is why I tend to carry a pistol around... they have some really good glasses in women's defense at your local gun range, its really a good thing to know!

Hey! I saw that you are listed as living in Illinois. Where in Illinois are you?! We are in Grafton, but we have St. Louis, MO stations for television. I didn't see anything on the news about anything going on.... are you still okay?!?

You know, I was not a "gun person" until I met my husband, who is a gun collector, hunter, and survivalist. He changed the negative perception I had about guns (thanks to the media) and now I wouldn't be without one.

Let us know that you are okay.

Hi everyone. Yes, I am ok. I didn't get to sleep until after I did the morning chores. Thankfully by morning there are several people milling around the farm office, but since Mo had already left for work I was alone in the barns and did carry a spade with me and yes, I felt dorky doing it but wasn't about to put it down. I come from a family of hunters, and after living in New York, Vegas, and Chicago I have been told many times to get a gun but haven't gotten to that point yet. Then again, I never expected to see this kind of thing happen at "home." I did make two trips past the farm and my grandmother's house last night to ensure nothing funny was going on (I wasn't alone, and I did not stop, but I had to be sure everyone was safe).

As of today they have still not caught him. Rumors are still flying as to his whereabouts, and his bounty is up to $35,000. NoddalottaFarm, they have reported a related murder in the St. Louis area actually, as well as sightings there, so I expect you might hear something soon. It is very disheartening to drive around town right now--everyone is jumpy. Every time I pull up to a stoplight, I find myself looking at the driver next to me who is looking back at me, and I know we were both checking to make sure it wasn't him.

Glad to hear you are ok.

It is just such a scary world we live in. I hope he realizes that it is easier to get lost in a crowd and leaves your little area alone. Most people from the city can't adapt to country life. He would stick out like a sore thumb if he tries to blend in...that alone may drive him back to more populated areas. I do hope they catch him quickly before he can hurt or kill anyone else.

Another lunatic on the loose. I hope they hunt him down like a dog and blow his brains out to kingdom come. I have no patience for these kinds of human garbage hurting the innocent and littering our world with their filth

Latest posts

Back