Please Pray for Our Small Town

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my goodness, i just saw that on fox and friends sending prayers
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
:

I so know what you are experiencing. Just last August there was an escapee from the area's institute. This dude killed a child and a woman if I remember correctly. He was on the loose and was pretty much hiding out in our woods behind our farm. On the loose for 2, almost 3 days. He was found injured, hot, rained soaked, sweat soaked and tired...serves him right.....and then they ended up sending him up north Jersey to a max security prison. Where he should have been in the first place along with a bunch of others they house.

It was a tense time for us. I was thankful for my dogs and we took big time precautions. We literally had helicopters and news people camped outside our properties....I think that's why he did'nt have much place to run, but one of my thoughts was of him getting in my barn and hay barns and surprising me one morning or night when I went out to feed. Very unsettling. The area was crawling with media, police, news people and helicopters.

I know what you are going thru....take as much care and precautions as you can...don't let your guard down until this monster is caught. Keep us posted please!

I learned things today that I wish I hadn't. For one, this ....... has a very long criminal record. He was sentenced to ten years of prison on an armed robbery charge, was let out after four served, and in 2006 was implicated in a murder case, but the witness never showed. Additionally, he has several robbery and drug charges. WHY was he on the streets in the first place? One of his victims was a child. It just breaks my heart.

They have positively linked two murders in MO with him and another in Galesburg bringing the body count to 8, but the local law enforcement firmly believe that he will try to come back to the area (apparently he always has in past criminal cases). I have heard nothing about sightings today, so of course I continue to carry my spade around.

I do realize that the farm is an ideal hiding place, and oddly enough that makes my primary concern the horses and my grandmother down the road...call me a bleeding heart. If I *was* to ever get a gun, it would be to protect them. I can tell already it's going to be another long night.

If you are not home and you are scared to go inside when you get there, the police can come and do a check for you! They did here for me one time many years ago!! It is dangerous for one of you to go in if you think there might be someone in your home! Let the professionals do it!

Keep your doors LOCKED even when you are inside! Do not answer it to ANYONE you do not know. Do you have dogs? Keep them close by- they can detect things you cannot see/smell/hear.

And most of all, it is a very horrible situation, but do not send yourself into a panic and freak. Just make sure you keep a phone with you at all times- that is charged up and working. You might want to make some type of a well-check between you and your relatives and friends to call in twice a day so everyone knows folks are ok.

Hope they catch the ba..... soon, and I agree with Marty. I dont think our tax dollars should be spent on housing, food and medical care for people like this... but that's just me.

Hang in there!

Hey Tiffany!

Hopefully you can "rest a little easier" tonight as they now believe he's down here!
default_new_shocked.gif
One of the victim's cars was found in East St. Louis (or there abouts) and they were checking out leads that said he was in Collinsville. His "alleged" count is up to 8, with one of those being a CHILD! After I read the boards this morning, I turned on the tv and it was all over the news. Amazing. Take care up there still!

Saw it on our news too. It is crazy that he thinks he can run away from it! I hope when he is caught that he never steps on a public street again.

default_aktion033.gif
I was hoping to check tonight and see good news! I'm sure it will still take a while before things settle down to normal.

Take Care.

Just saw on the news here in Arkansas that he has been arrested !! Now if they would only do somthing with him. Heard tonight that a child was killed also. It makes me sick to think of paying for him to sit in an air conditioned jail cell , with 3 meals a day and play time............... while hard working people are doing everything in their means to have gas to go work so they have a pay check to put food on the table to feed their family. these jerks who hurt and kill people for kicks , need to be strung up!!!!!!! (my opinion ) jails might not be so crowded, if they got rid of the scum. Prayers go out to all the families affected by this man.

Linda

Yeah they caught him.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Thank God. They are talking death penalty for this guy, even though it's gona take forever to get to that.

I'm sure that small town is breathing a sigh of relief this morning. Glad they found him....but the decision will probably be something like "diminished capacity" and we'll be paying for him for the rest of his life.

i have been following this story diligently. the towns he has been passing through are only hours from me. i'm so relieved he is no longer free!

Just saw on the news here in Arkansas that he has been arrested !! Now if they would only do somthing with him. Heard tonight that a child was killed also. It makes me sick to think of paying for him to sit in an air conditioned jail cell , with 3 meals a day and play time............... while hard working people are doing everything in their means to have gas to go work so they have a pay check to put food on the table to feed their family. these jerks who hurt and kill people for kicks , need to be strung up!!!!!!! (my opinion ) jails might not be so crowded, if they got rid of the scum. Prayers go out to all the families affected by this man.
Linda
Couldn't agree more with you!!!

Glad they found him....but the decision will probably be something like "diminished capacity" and we'll be paying for him for the rest of his life.
This is my concern too. His supporters (believe it or not he has some) have been trying to lay the groundwork for this by saying that he was acting under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

I also worry about certain associates of his. While thank God he is finally in custody, he did have assistance from a cousin and brother who in all likelihood will be back on the streets soon.

Friends and family are still calling me to tell me how relieved they are. It has been a hard year for our community. A majority of the area's college-bound students go to NIU (which is only 40 minutes away). We were devastated by the shootings, and now this. It does make me wonder about the future of "Small Town America."

So glad they caught the monster. Reminded me of the "Night Stalker" here in California 23 years ago. My fellow Californians will remember that well. It was terrifying. Unfortunately he did not get the death penalty (at the time I don't think they were handing it down) so now we get to support the *&%^$@# with our tax dollars.

I think Toby Keith and Willie Nelson have the right idea. Here are the lyrics from their song "Beer for My Horses".
default_cheers.gif
default_torch.gif
default_xbud.gif
Kind of sums up what needs to be done.
default_wink.png

Well a man came on the 6 o'clock news

Said somebody's been shot

Somebody's been abused

Somebody blew up a building

Somebody stole a car

Somebody got away

Somebody didn't get too far yeah