Please pray for Destiny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destiny4ever

Reaction score
Destiny is really sick. She was colicking when I went out to feed this morning. She took one look at me, refused her breakfast, put her lip up in the air, and threw herself down and started rolling. Me being 7 months pregnant this has been a long day so I'm keeping things short. I already feel sick as can be as it is and am just running in before this set of sedation wears off.

Vet came out at 9am, after about 1 hour of me hand walking her and her trying to lay down. We pumped her with mineral oil, he gave her a shot of banamine. Around 10:30am, she was miserable again. Vet was way out of the area so I ran up to his office, got some banamine, and banamined her again at 12:30. No change, so I gave her a second dose at 1:30. Still wasn't helping, and by now she was really kicking at her tummy and acting really uncomfortable.

Vet just left (4pm), and we couldn't get a catheter in her veins, so we put some IV fluid in her tummy with a nose tube and pump (same thing as mineral oil basically). Then he gave her a really strong sedation, hoping she will stay calm and comfortable enough for the fluids to work through her. She has peed, but not pooped yet.

She is 60 days in foal. Surgery is not an option for me, financial wise. We had to put her mom down in this same situation, of course she was 20 years old when this happened, Destiny is only five.

Please pray for Destiny and her unborn foal. I don't want to have to make such a hard decision again in my life, and certainly not at this time in my life, when I am pregnant myself.
no.gif

Done. Sending prayers now.

If your little gal isn't past the point, sedating her with pain killers will help everything relax inside and she will start passing stuff. I am praying that nothing is twisted inside for you.

Please keep us posted when you can.

Blessings,

MA

Prayers for Destiny! and {{{hugs}}} for you....we'll be hoping & praying for this to turn around & go the right way for your little mare!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs & prayers}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

JJ

[SIZE=14pt]Praying for all 4 of you here.[/SIZE]

Lyn

So sorry to read this this afternoon. Prayers and hugs going out to you and when you can, let us know how things are going.

Joyce

So sorry to read about your little girl.
sad.gif
Hope she gets well soon.

Oh, sweetie, I just saw your post... keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

Prayers, and warm and healing thoughts coming your way. (((((HUGS)))))

You and Destiny are definitely in our prayers. I know she

means the world to you. Here`s sending you all the

good thoughts and support you can use. I know she can get

past this, as she is a strong minded lil one. Please

keep us posted! Our best to youboth. Art & Patty
wub.gif

I'll be praying for destiny and her fetus. You also need to care for your self at this time, take it from someone who had to be on bedrest the last 2 months of my first pregnancy due to pre eclampsia(sp?). I hope all turns out well.

Christy

BIG PRAYERS for your girl, her foal and you. Please try not to stress yourself out if you can. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Hang in there, things will get better. Prayers for you, your mare and unborns coming your way.

Ginny StP

I know how helpless you feel. MA is right on. Sometimes they just need to be sedated long enough to get things working again. I pray for a good outcome for you and Destiny. Do not give up hope.

Oh my goodness!

I hope your little mare recovers very soon! I'm sending prayers as well.

Beth

You, Destiny and her unborn foal are certainly in our prayers. As said before, keeping her pain free until she passes whatever needs to move out should most definately work - she is a young, strong mare - I am sure you will pull her through. Believe or not, the walking does help to get things moving too.

Let us know as soon as she is feeling better

Latest posts

Back