Please pray for Destiny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]Great news!!! Those enteroliths (intestinal stones) can be fatal beggers! We lost a mare once to that. So glad it got thru.[/SIZE]

Lyn

aktion033.gif
SO glad to hear she is doing better! Hope all is well with the baby!
wub.gif

Your diligence really made a difference here...I commend you for how you stayed on top of this one!! Sending you good thoughts, and hope things continue to improve!!!
aktion033.gif

Wow, you must pat yourself on the back for saving her life! I do hope her little baby was not evicted, but you have to know if it was, that she was trying to save her life, her body did what was best for her, as you were doing, as well.

I'm so happy to hear she's doing fine, now!

Liz M.

Thank God - it sounds like she is on the mend. Thanks to your diligence, professional help and the power of prayer, you still have your Destiny. Hope she held onto her baby, but bottom line, Destiny is alive. Good luck during her continuing recovery.

Barbie

aktion033.gif
GOOD JOB!!!! You kept on top of things with her and kept on top of the vets too! Double Good Job!!!
aktion033.gif

Give us that second update in a month on her pregnancy. She may have lost it, but at least she's alive and improving. That's the most important thing!
yes.gif

MA

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]Great news!!!  Those enteroliths (intestinal stones) can be fatal beggers! We lost a mare once to that. So glad it got thru.[/SIZE]Lyn

445770[/snapback]

Did I miss something?
unsure.gif
Did she actually pass an "enterolith"...or a very hard manure mass? I sure hope it wasn't an enterolith, as she said it was "pointed". Enteroliths should be round if they were the only one in there. If they have any flat sides to them....that indicates there are others in there that had been laying against it, creating the flat sides or points.

I'm SO RELIEVED Destiny is doing well now!!!!!!
yes.gif

Good Job.....you need to really pat yourself and your Mom for taking the extra steps necessary to save this little mare...Congratulations
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone, for your support. Destiny still has loose stools today, but she is drinking and staying hydrated and I'm slowly starting her back on her pellets. I've been keeping her out on pasture, instead of bringing her in to stand around, to make sure things keep moving. She still seems to be mending. She was sleeping laying down a lot yesterday, absolutely exhausted, but today she is up and moving around..even whinnied for breakfast this morning, and got mad when she looked in her bowl and only saw a miniscule amount of food LMAO!

I'm sure if she lost her foal it is for the best. We'll know in a month. If she did, I have the stallion she was bred to here, and I'll re-breed her in the spring. I don't want a foal born any later than early early June in this heat, it's just too hard on them.

Thanks again for everyone's support and prayers!

I'm so glad to hear the Destiny is on the mend. We had a horse with an impaction in her stomach earlier this year and then we just lost one who gave me no warnings at all.

I pray that she'll be back to normal soon and that her foal will be fine.
smile.gif

YIPPY!!!! This is really great news. Yep, colic can make a horse really tired for several days after they start to get better. I was praying that she pulled through this and am still hoping that she gives you a super healthy foal next spring!

Latest posts

Back