Please pray for Destiny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm praying for your little girl and her baby, I sincerely hope that all goes well and your girl gets better right away!
wub.gif
thumbup.gif
pray.gif

Sending prayers for you, Destiny, and her foal.

Robin

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Destiny - you need to take care of yourself also.

Barbie

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the mare. There has been too much heartache on this forum this past summer.....Hugs to you my dear.

My Prayers are with you, and your mare. Would a trailer ride help her? Would it stress her more? Just wondering. I pray she will be okay.

Vicky

How are things going with Destiny???? Not hearing makes me and I'm sure others nervous here.......

MA

I'll keep you and your beautiful girl in my thoughts tonight. I certainly will be hoping everything takes a turn to the good soon.

Keep your faith that all will be fine.

Sincerely,

Va Lynda Ann

Hi, there,

Give us an update when you can, we're all a little nervous for you and your mare and foal.

Try not to get too upset. I will hope that all will turn out just fine for you all.

Liz M.

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way ...please let us know how she's doing as soon as you can.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post an update until now. I had the vet out a third time, after two unsuccessful short trailer rides and lots of walking. Vet didn't want to pump anything else in, since nothing was coming out. She instead gave her a vitamin (B something or other) injection, a slight sedative, and then we did some acupuncture as well. Destiny loved it.

Vet left around 9pm, around 12am after lots and lots of walking, she passed the big compaction...it was mucousy and hard and pointed and HUGE. She passed a bunch of gas, then tore into eating grass. I walked her a few more minutes, then let her graze and watched her utnil 2:30am..all is well.

This morning her stools are a little loose (thanks to the mineral oil and fluids I'm sure!) and she has been sleeping laying down a lot, but she's moving around, grazing, just really tuckered out. I had to pass out around 3am this morning and just woke up..mom took the morning shift for me to make sure she was still progressing nicely.

The vet was surprised, and both vets that had been out here said that if I hadn't been as dedicated in staying on top of things, the outcome could've been a lot more grim. We'll have to a wait a month to do an ultrasound and see if the stress made her abort her fetus early, or if she's still in foal, but the important thing is that Destiny is going to be alright! Thanks for all the prayers guys, they really worked!
wub.gif

OH thank God!!! I am so happy to hear the news!! How scary! My neighbors had acupunture done on a horse that was sick too and it really helped!!

Laurie

Latest posts

Back