Please post your eggs or scrolls Here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kids
default_laugh.png

Wow, that Halloween mass breed still has eggs on the abandoned page. I am amazed. Of course I did my share to contribute. I bred I think 9 pairs.

I was lucky yesterday. In fact, very very lucky.

I adopted a red hatchling, then I adopted a silver, received my first home bred silver, and then when looking for gold I got this:

"This egg smells rotten and is stone cold."

Hummm... wonder what it will be. I know that everyone is clammering to get one, and I decided that since I got one right at 12:00 AM on the nose, that I would not try for a second as everyone should get a chance.

So here are my eggs. The special new egg is fogged as I am very concerned about soft shell on this one, but will probably unfog it within the next 12 hours. So I posted it here anyway so that it shows up just as soon as I can watch it closely.

And my hatchlings.

One of the kids picked up a red today when the regular drop started again:

I got two of the "rotten" eggs - one was in the last hour they were being dropped. Planned to gift one but they are presently not giftable...

Here's my latest:

Other kid's new home bred red:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I convinced hubby to try to force-hatch his first Halloween egg, and it died. :DOH! Whoops. He managed to get a silver on the abandoned page after that, so hopefully he doesn't feel too bad. Actually, hopefully it makes ME feel better-- I've never been a party to the death of a hatchling before.
default_wacko.png

These are his:

And this is one of mine:

The Halloween eggs should start hatching soon, wait til you see the first-stage hatchlings, they look like dead newborn possums or something, lol! The second stage are more asthetically pleasing though.
default_smile.png

Hi all
I think I have an alt here. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Well, I'm late to this, but now that it's hatched it is obviously is! Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif

Here are my eggs and hatchlings, still waiting for the hatchlings to grow wings so they don't look so, um, dead.
default_laugh.png
Interested to see their genders, and also to find out if they are breedable. If so, there will be plenty of new "vampire eggs" for others to get! Cool!
default_yes.gif

Well, I convinced hubby to try to force-hatch his first Halloween egg, and it died. :DOH! Whoops. He managed to get a silver on the abandoned page after that, so hopefully he doesn't feel too bad. Actually, hopefully it makes ME feel better-- I've never been a party to the death of a hatchling before.
default_wacko.png
Thats ok, at least you are not the executioner!

I decided to try to force a couple of eggs as I didn't want them all maturing at once. Well, I forced a red that I bred at 3 days old. It worked wonderful. Then I forced a gray that I nabbed from a cave. It was slightly less than 2 days old. It worked again, but got ill, so fogged it and it cleared up overnight. So I was thinking ok, I have it down. Wait until a huge hole is in it and do this when close to the 3.5 day mark.

So this morning, I look at my scroll and think, humm... I want more eggs, to help kind of balance the hatchlings with the eggs better. So I decide that I would force my home bred silver that was at 3.59 days left. It has had a huge whole for the past day or more, and was very close to hatching. I figured that since it was closer than the others, the chances would be very good for it to work. WRONG!

I killed my own egg! Now I have to live with that egg on my scroll for 2 weeks to remind me that forcing is not good! Sigh, I plead guilty to making scrambled eggs!

Just a reminder to any that want to force eggs, I read on the DC forum once that it is not polite to force eggs from other people's breeding. So I would only force those that are stolen directly from the cave, or of my own breeding. The reason for this is that when it fails, it puts a dead egg on the parent's scrolls. And lets say that I am not sure I will try it again. 3 times is enough when I look at the fact that I lost a silver because I was trying to hurry things up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back