PLEASE, PLEASE PRAY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHARAFARMS

Reaction score
OUR BEAUTIFUL BLUE ROAN FILLY, LAVENDER BLUE, IS IN VERY CRITICAL CONDITION AT UNIV. OF TENNESSEE. SHE IS BLEEDING INTERNALLY FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. AFTER MANY TRANFUSIONS SINCE LAST SATURDAY AND SURGERY YESTERDAY THE VETS AT UT ARE UNABLE TO FIND THE SOURCE OF THE BLEEDING. IN THE SURGERY THEY REMOVED OVER 6 LITERS OF BLOOD FROM HER BELLY.

IN A LAST DITCH EFFORT TO SAVE HER THE VETS HAVE GIVEN HER A DRUG TO CLOT HER BLOOD IN THE HOPE THAT SHE WILL REPAIR THE BLEED HERSELF. SHE RECEIVED TRANSFUSIONS DURING AND AFTERTHE SURGERY AND HER BODY WILL EITHER REPAIR THE LEAK OR HER BLOOD COUNT WILL START TO DROP AND SHE WILL BE LOST. MARYELLEN IS IN KNOXVILLE WITH HER AND WILL BE BY HER SIDE THROUGHOUT. WE SHOULD KNOW SOMETHING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS AS THE RED CELLS FROM THE TRANSFUSED BLOOD START TO DIE. IF THE BLEEDING HAS STOPPED HER CELL COUNT WILL REMAIN UP...IF NOT, THE CELL COUNT WILL CRASH AND WE WILL HAVE TO LET HER GO.

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR BELOVED LITTLE GIRL.

[SIZE=14pt]So very sorry to hear about your little filly! Prayers coming from Katies "grandma"[/SIZE]

Lyn

Oh you poor things what an awful thing to happen.... Of course you can have my prayers, and my hopes and my willpower- take what you need. And my love, of course.

Oh...how heartwrenching!
sad.gif
You have my prayers that your little filly will get thru this.

You have my thoughts and prayers for your little one.

Barbie

Hope your little girl makes it. Get well wishes are headed your way.

Prayers for you and your filly! It seems like this is the week for unexplained or mysterious ailments in our horses.
no.gif
I hope that yours has a happy ending.

Leia

Prayers and healing thoughts coming your way. Hoping for a very positive outcome, how heart wrenching for you!!!

Sending prayers your way! We had something similar happen to a 3-year old mare with a 4-week old foal this spring. We thought she was a little colicky and took her to the vet where blood work and sonograms determined she was bleeding internally, probably from her spleen from getting kicked or falling. She was going downhill fast and we even had to keep her head down or she would pass out on the way from our local vet to an emergency center. She was immediately given blood transfusions and was stabilized. She is doing fine now. Sounds like you have your little filly where they can help her get through this.

Latest posts

Back