Please Help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope that he doesn't have influenza as its highly contagious and spreds really fast and can infect a herd in a matter of days!
sad.gif

Sounds like you have your hands full with both horses now being sick.

Keeping you and your horses in my prayers.

Joyce

How's he doing now? Any update? Krystle once went as high as 106, so don't panic - he'll be ok... how's he feeling now?

Sunraye Miniatures said:
Sounds like an respiratory infection. I would give some antibiotics myself. It's not life threating but do watch them carefully especially incase they go off there feed.
434361[/snapback]

He is using the antibiotics given too Peanut, and so far they seem to be helping!

ForMiniSeasonsFarm said:
Did you let your horses graze at that show? I don't let mine eat any grass at shows because of that reason. It could be airborn, I think Influenza is, if Im not mistaken.
I know you are doing everything you can, give them a hug for me

434364[/snapback]

There actually wasn't any grass around for them to be eating. It was a 2 day shows at the Adams County Fairgrounds in Brighton Colorado. Its all cement there. I will give them a hug for you Jessica, but how about some pics of them from today.?

Southern_Heart said:
I sure hope that he doesn't have influenza as its highly contagious and spreds really fast and can infect a herd in a matter of days!
sad.gif
Sounds like you have your hands full with both horses now being sick.

Keeping you and your horses in my prayers.

Joyce

434383[/snapback]

Oh yes, although I only have my two boys, and yes, they are both sick.

I told my trainer to be on the lookout for it, but she seems to think she knows EXACTLY what it is, which its not BTW, and so she is going to put the one horse on meds for soemthing else. Who knows with that woman! Thats why I own Dealer and not her! She was going to buy him, and is mad because I did. She was the onle who told me about him, although she thought he was nothing special. Then she saw him and was MAD that I got him. She is an odd person! I don't like her too much.

Here are a few pic of those poor boys hanging out in their stalls.

Please remember that the stall Dealer is in is TEMPORARY. I only put him in there because I don't want him in the sun.

dealerstall.jpg

b33979ea.jpg

13ca23b4.jpg

peanutstall.jpg

peanutstall3.jpg

P1010231.jpg

Look at this sad face! He doesn't feel good!

peanutstall2.jpg

I am pleased to announce that Dealers temperature has dropped!

He is now 101.9 and still going down! I think he is feeling a lot better too!

No real update on Peanut, but I will tell you guys what the blood results say!

Praying for your boys, what antibiotic are they on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sick or not I have to say Peanut looks REALLY attractive in those photos. You can see his nice bone structure in his head, his pretty shoulder, and his coat looks so healthy! I just want to congratulate you on how far he's come. Dealer is a sweetheart too and I'm glad to hear he's feeling a bit better. It's tough when your boys don't feel right.
no.gif

I can't BELIEVE your trainer wouldn't come out if she thought it was "just a little choke!"
new_shocked.gif
Choke is LIFE THREATENING!! Good God. Nevermind what she should or shouldn't have done anyway, that one comment tells me everything I need to know about her. I'm a little curious though, and I mean no offense nor to get on your case here. I'm just honestly curious. In the past, you've defended this woman as "My trainer says...." and acted like she really knew what she was doing and you respected her opinion and would do whatever she recommended because she was right. But now you're saying her barn is filthy and she doesn't take good care of her horses and you don't like her much. Has something changed recently that makes you not like her now? I think you're a good young horsewoman and I hope that if you disagree with this woman that strongly you will find the strength to find a better place for your boys. Again, I mean no offense with any of these comments! I'm just curious.

Leia

Jamie, I hope things are still looking up for you and your boys. I can tell from your pics how well taken care of they are and loved. Keep hanging in there and you will have them up to par soon! You aren't taking them back to that trainer are you? It doesn't sound as if you have much respect for her and if she isn't more protective than that, I would keep them at home.

lilhorseladie said:
Jamie, I hope things are still looking up for you and your boys.  I can tell from your pics how well taken care of they are and loved.  Keep hanging in there and you will have them up to par soon!  You aren't taking them back to that trainer are you?  It doesn't sound as if you have much respect for her and if she isn't more protective than that, I would keep them at home.
434750[/snapback]

Thank you. Here is a brief update.

Peanut is doing VERY well. I am so happy to say that I let him out into the little field((mostly dirt and weeds)) and he completly perked up, as did Dealer. It was just what he needed. Tonight he even did his usual I WANT GRAIN NOW scream, and he wasn't coughing while he did it!

Dealer's temp went back up to 103.8 at about 5, and I hosed him down, but I havent done his temp yet tonight. Poor boy has been prodded enough today!

No, they will NOT go back to that trainer, EXCEPT for maybe an hour or so so I can work them over her fences. She called me tonight and tried to get me to come over and do showmanship with HER horse tommorow, and I said no. She couldn't figure out why I didn't want to practice my butt of with HER horse when mine are trained totally different from her horse!

Your right, I no longer have a lot of respect for her. She said it herself that she didn't care about my horse ((PM me if you want the story)) and I feel that was the last straw. She has never liked me as much as my friend, or her brother, and to say that she didn't care about my BABY, was a complete reality check.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back