Please help us in welcoming our newest additions!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Please welcome Carriage Hills Copper and her 2008 Little Kings Buckeroo Merlin colt to Lucky C Acres! I am SOOO excited to have both of these guys here!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
And it was SOOO HARD for me to keep quiet
default_biggrin.png
the past two weeks, only told two people on here, thanks Karla and Will for keeping me secret!!!
default_wub.png
A HUGE thank-you goes out to Paige over at Chance of Gold Farms for giving me this opportunity!

(really hope the pictures work, my photobucket has been acting up!)

First off is Copper, she's a 1999 red roan daughter of Little Kings Cisco Supreme (by Komokos Little King Supreme and out of Fishers Dun Intrigue, a daughter of Fishers Master Mickey!) and out of Little Kings Miss Mouse (by Komokos Don Wan and out of Little Kings Cinderella).. She's absolutely beautiful
default_wub.png

Here's a few not so great but quick pictures from this morning:

103_3300.jpg

103_3292.jpg

103_3291.jpg

And last but not least, we have her 2008 colt.. I didn't have any intentions of bringing him home at first, didn't "need" another boy so was going to wait until he was weaned and bring momma home.. BUT, we fell in love with him when we went to take a look at Copper and well, yep, we have another boy
default_biggrin.png
He is sired by Paige's GORGEOUS black stallion Little Kings Buckeroo Merlin who is a son of Boones Little Buckeroo
default_aktion033.gif
Paige thinks (and I agree!) that he will be shedding off to a liver chestnut color
default_smile.png
He is quite full of himself!

103_3299.jpg

103_3296.jpg

103_3290.jpg

Both mom and colt:

103_3301.jpg

103_3310.jpg

Congratulations!!! I was so curious to know what your secret was, lol!! Very pretty mare and colt!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations1 Lovely pair. Are you sure that mare is a red roan? In that last picture she looks like she could be a silver bay roan. Very pretty mare either way.
default_yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I agree with the silver bay...she is soo pretty!!

Oh I just love to be the one folks share their secrets with.
default_yes.gif

I thought she was beautiful before you bought her, and your pictures just drive the point home.
default_biggrin.png

And Mr. Attitude gets to come too. Perfect.
default_wub.png

Congrats on fine purchases, Cristina.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

She looks like a typical red roan to me, much redder/strawberrier in color (don't think that's a word lol) than the silver bay roans I've seen

Here's one pic from last year I believe at Little Kings where she's shed completely out:

091_91web.gif

baby boy has the sweetest face.
He may have a sweet face but he sure is cocky/full of himself! lol He struts around like he owns the place and he's the "new guy" lol

They're both beautiful, congrats! I also agree, mare is a gorgeous silver bay roan
default_smile.png

Jessi

The mare is Silver Bay Roan...the foal may or may not be "liver" Chestnut- I have seen a lot of Chestnut foals go that very dark colour in their first coat, and I have seen foals appear that dark colour whilst they are shedding and go back to the "ordinary" Chestnut when the coat comes through!!

Congratulations, they are cute!

As others have told you, the mare is definitely silver bay roan, not red roan. Note the dark lower legs.

That's neat you are calling the colt Mr. Attitude. That's what Erica and I have always called Destiny Mr. Attitude / Mr. Tude. Maybe your boy will grow up to be a National Champion, too
default_smile.png

She's gorgeous what ever color she is.
Yep she is, didn't buy her for her color anyway
default_smile.png

the foal may or may not be "liver" Chestnut- I have seen a lot of Chestnut foals go that very dark colour in their first coat, and I have seen foals appear that dark colour whilst they are shedding and go back to the "ordinary" Chestnut when the coat comes through!!
Thanks, no idea what he'll be but he is shedding off pretty dark.. Would love to have a dark liver chestnut but I'll keep him no matter the color
default_biggrin.png

wow hard to keep that secretthey are both fabulous
Yes it was! I was sooo excited but didn't want to jinx myself until I had them home! I shared a couple other mares I was looking at with a few people and after I did they sold lol :DOH!

Latest posts

Back