Please help me!!! Dreamer is having a pelvic nerve lock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
I have called the vet, to much detail to go into...But vet believes the foal in on the pelvic nerve This mare is exhausted, the has the flu and can't come. I am scared to death! she is on cam unless things go way wrong. Anyone!!! Please call this # if you have any experiance in this....405-638-0687

http://www.wefoal.com/_2008/rockinr/cam.htm

Oh my, I have never seen this..........Prayers for you & your mare.........hopefully someone has some experience with this........
default_unsure.png

I'm so sorry. I have no experience with this. I hope you are able to get help soon. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. HUGS

Sorry cant help but I have been watching her on the cam....

Wishing the best of luck
default_smile.png

Poor girl! I hope she foals safely soon and get that foal off of that nerve.

I just came in from the barn to get the theromometer...I tried tro check her and she is tight, she usually has labor for approx. 3 hours before she gets down to bussiness. Please pray for her and her foal....

Have you spoken to the vet by phone about massaging the mare's spine, and also massaging her belly while she's eating? This may encourage the foal to move naturally and release some pressure. Ask you vet what he or she thinks. I personally have no experience with this, so I'm just going with my "gut" here.

I have never heard of this, sure hope she foals safely! Sending prayers!

Is this nerve kind of paralyzing her back legs or causing her pain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Theresa,

I agree with Maryann - try to massage her spine a bit . Hang in there - you are doing a good job! I am praying for her and you.

I have to say its times like these that you can truly see how kind some people really are.

I am in tears watching her care for this mare. I pray everything works out for her.

I have no experience with this but it breaks my heart Prayers being said as I write for you and your mare.

is your vet at least able to watch her on marestare online

and make anymore suggestions from what she sees

just a suggestion

praying all will be fine with her

edited : please consult with your vet first but might it help to roll her on her other side

by way of her back I have no experience with this at all just a thought

possibly the foal will shift a little???

Last edited by a moderator:
Praying for your mare that everything turns out just fine. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
Sending prayers for you, your mare and the foal. She looks to be in so much discomfort
default_no.gif
Is there any other vets to call, or is someone on here the forum close to her to help
default_please.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg
I have never had a foal, so I can't help that way, but I pray all of our prayers help
default_please.gif

Me and the hubby just got home from there. (We were the extra help) We massaged her quite a bit. She got up and we helped her take some steps. I hope she'll be ok now. She has a lot of pain walking still. Theresa knows I'm here if she needs me.

{{{hugs}}} to Theresa & Momma mare.

I didn't know that was you Robin, thats wonderful you are able to be there for them! I have been watching tonight hoping their mare would improve. They are so good with her, I pray she will be ok
default_pray.gif

Theresa and Art are wonderful people and I'm so glad they're our friends!

She's there for me and she knows I'm there for her.

Momma is such a nice mare
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back