PLEASE HELP Looking for a trailer!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraceandPoppy

Reaction score
I am looking for a really cheap one or two horse trailer for my one mini. Can be used and rock bottom price. We live in North Eastern Pa. If you see anything give a shout! Thanks so much!

What do you have as a vehicle for hauling? Oh, and by any chance do you own a mini van?

I am assuming you own a pickup? For one or two minis, a pickup with a canopy and a ramp works. You'd have to line the bed with rubber mat(s) and I'd suggest using bales of straw to cushion the front and sides.
Years ago, when we were only hauling one mini somewhere, we had a mini van. Lots of folks have used theirs successfully.

What do you have as a vehicle for hauling? Oh, and by any chance do you own a mini van?

I am assuming you own a pickup? For one or two minis, a pickup with a canopy and a ramp works. You'd have to line the bed with rubber mat(s) and I'd suggest using bales of straw to cushion the front and sides.
Years ago, when we were only hauling one mini somewhere, we had a mini van. Lots of folks have used theirs successfully.

When I bought my first two girls, I used our mini van to bring them home because... that's the proper use of a MINI van ! 🤣

Last edited:
We do have a van but the ceiling is too low :( We also do have a pickup but it is on its last leg and I don't think it could pull a trailer or hold a mini in the bed. We are looking to find a new truck to haul the trailer it at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

There is a FB group for buying and selling mini horse trailers. Some are converted 2-4 big horse trailers and are affordable.

There is a FB group for buying and selling mini horse trailers. Some are converted 2-4 big horse trailers and are affordable.
I’d love to have the name of or the link to that group please. I’ve been looking high and low. My husband is not fond of using our minivan to haul our mini. Strange man. ;-)

We bought our small "two" horse trailer from Facebook Marketplace. Just search "two horse bumper pull trailer" and you should be able to find some!

Could try Craig's List. On Craig's list for Northern Michigan there is an older but in good shape two horse bumper pull asking $2000 for it. I know that is nowhere near you but it's just an example. And you can always try to bargain for a lower price! Also, I was watching trailers for sale on Facebook on a site called Miniature Horse Trailers. It includes everywhere.

I’d love to have the name of or the link to that group please. I’ve been looking high and low. My husband is not fond of using our minivan to haul our mini. Strange man. ;-)
Tell your husband it could be worse! My ex and I were in the middle of a divorce during fair and he refused to help or allow use of his trailer. I had to get 3 kids and all their animals to the fair in a big hurry using only an old Ford Econoline Conversion van..Hauled 3 kids, 3 dogs, two llamas, a very large pack goat, and two cages of 5 chickens each. Did it again for a Cherry Festival parade of 4-H kids and critters! (Didn't have minis at the time).

Tell your husband it could be worse! My ex and I were in the middle of a divorce during fair and he refused to help or allow use of his trailer. I had to get 3 kids and all their animals to the fair in a big hurry using only an old Ford Econoline Conversion van..Hauled 3 kids, 3 dogs, two llamas, a very large pack goat, and two cages of 5 chickens each. Did it again for a Cherry Festival parade of 4-H kids and critters! (Didn't have minis at the time).
Don't worry MerMaeve, it was actually some of the best times the kids and I had! Everyone was phenominal really and the animals all got along (dogs were confused though! LOL). Llamas were pretty chill and took up most of the room. Everyone was restrained, especially the dogs.

That sums up the saying, "where there's a will there's a way!" What a great mom!

You are the best! I hope you have pictures. That would be a sight to see!

Latest posts

Back