Please give me opinions, As Buyers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that AMHA's fees are unreasonable at all, especially keeping in mind that they are a very professional organization--in my experience they rarely make mistakes, and when they do, they are very easy to deal with.

Regarding the fees for bringing a horse from temporary to permanant, I don't think that $50.00 for a stallion is much at all. There are WAY too many stallions in our breed, and most are quite inferior. In fact, I think that $50.00 is way too cheap. The fee should be raised to 3 or 4 times that, because if it cost more to bring a stallion permanant than it would cost to geld him, then maybe people would think twice about leaving mediocre stallions intact. Raising this fee substantially would certainly promote the gelding of horses that are not top stallion quality, since the fee for bringing a gelding's papers permanant is only $10 (and maybe it should be free to encourage gelding even more).

If someone has a stallion that is worth being a stallion, then the fee for bringing its papers permanant shouldn't be a deterence at all, even if it is a couple hundred dollars. If someone thinks that 50 bucks is too much to pay for the right to have a permanantly registered stallion, then maybe they should reconsider whether their horse really should be used for breeding.

[SIZE=12pt]Very good points, Kim.
default_yes.gif
: I agree with you 100%. :aktion033:
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back