PlayTime Minis 2015 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing going on at all. She's very calm and eating. I think she's waiting until March. Or at least until our newest snowstorm ends. Hoping to have news today. She's on day 336.

Maybe now that it's March
default_yes.gif

I don't think so. Nothing going on. Supposed to be warm and sunny by end of the week so maybe she's waiting until then. Her daughter just foaled recently and took an extra long time to foal so maybe Paradigm is trying to go longer
default_yes.gif

Day 338 and nothing is happening although she's all bagged up so I called the vet and he is coming out tomorrow. I just am concerned and can't play the wait it out game. Hopefully she'll foal tonight but I'd rather have her checked and make sure everything is okay.

Hope she will foal tonight for you! If not let us know what the vet says tomorrow. Do you think maybe she was having some false labor the other day?

I did read that mares can have obvious contractions like she was having for days before the actual event. I will let everyone know what the vet says and I'm just praying it isn't bad news.

I always tell everyone about my one mare "Carrie" who foaled on day 365 like clockwork EVERY year. So don't fret about the number of days, some ladies just like to hold on a bit longer than most.

But keep us posted on what the vet says, and we'll pray for ONLY good news for you.

Last edited:
Thanks Diane. This is my first year having hand bred horses and I think I was better off with pasture bred and not knowing the exact date. Now I'm stressed to the max and worried. My friend just had a difficult birth with her mare so I think I'm just panicking. Thanks again. I feel better.

Lol this was my first year breeding my own girls, and I did hand also. Really don't like that its so presice. My first girl due took on the first season. I only bred her about 4times. Then one of my other girls is really tricky. Mares are funny
default_smile.png

Try not to stress , exact date is just predicted with a little education knowing when last bred

These mares do their own thing some are like clockwork others change from year to year.

We have always hand bred but it just gives you a good idea when to start watching, then we watch

She will eventualy show you her wondertful gift

We had a mare who for 3 yrs foaled at 319 days then she went the following year at 340

part of their job is to drive us crazy

Kari found in a equine reproductive book that mares that are bred for Jan, Feb, and March deliver their foals a average of 10 days past there normal delivery time. So far, for me, it's true. Two years ago had a mare deliver at 354 days (health colt) and Feather is between 345-355. Foal is active. Foal decides when to be born. Maybe it knows that your weather was crappy and waited. Ours are waiting for the rain to go away.

Thanks all. I hope so. We are in for a terrible ice/snow storm today and tomorrow and very low single digit temperatures so hoping baby is just waiting. He or she is alive that I know for sure thankfully.

Latest posts

Back