Platinum Performance VS TNS Plus

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
If you were to choose between Platinum Performance and Dr Bensons TNS plus, which would you chose? I am looking for a very good vitamin supplement, and have narrowed it down to these two.

One thing I cant seem to find is if they are powdered or pellets, anyone know? Any drawback to either?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not fammiliar with Dr Bensons, but Platinum Performance is a great supplement. Horses generally look better, seem to feel better and have more energy on it. I've fed it off and on for a number of years and can't think of any drawbacks to it....except maybe cost, but most of the high powered supplements are a little pricey. You may be able to cut your feed back with Platinum, too - they have a good staff & will always talk to you if you have questions.

Jan

What company makes Platinum Performance?

We have used Dr. Bensons TNS Plus for years and absolutely LOVE it!!! All the horses we own, show and breeding, eat it daily. It comes in small pellet form and a little bit goes a long way.

My grandfather developed the formula for TNS, and it has been a critical component in the diet of my show horses. Its worth its weight in gold!

Platinum Performance is actually made by a company named platinum performance. They also make other supplements, but their "main" supplement is the platinum performance, an all around vitamin supplement.

Does the TNS have a strong/foul odor? I read somewhere that some horses wont eat it due to its smell, but wasnt sure if it really stunk, or the person had a picky horse.

TNS Plus has no odor.... I have 60 + horses on the property that have no problem eating it... And Its not just Miniatures... Our Standardbred and Shetland Ponies are also on it.

I try to call the Platinum Performance product the "Equine Wellness Formula" because Platinum Performance makes many different other products and it gets confusing.

Platinum Performance is very well known among veterinarians and highly recommended. It is a very good product but pretty pricey.

Andrea

I went ahead and ordered the Platinum Performance. I was leaning toward the TNS Plus since it was pelleted, and more affordable, but it's so concentrated I could never use it all in a reasonable amount of time. I only have one horse at the moment, and we may get one more. I dont like to feed supplements that have had the buckets open for months, so we went with platinum performance since you can get it in the paks which cost me $12 per month. I know its slightly more expensive that way, but I wanted fresh supplements, not something thats been open for a year.

If it doesn't work out for me we'll try the TNS plus, because I much prefer pelleted supplements.

We have started using Platinum Performance & are really pleased with it. It seems more granular in appearance than powder. Have had no problems with horses eating it.

Latest posts

Back