pix of missing front teeth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
This 3 year old has had her stubs for the past 4 weeks and she shows in another month will she have these 2 fronts grown in by then?? She needs them brushed to l think.

may07050.jpg

The judges understand the growth spurts of the young horses and the rate at which their teeth come in. Dont worry about that. They appear to be straight, and that is the main thing they are looking for- are they in line or is there an obvious bite problem. It's ok!! And they will grow in....

Thanks her mouths good but looks so weird right now and seems to be taking forever for them to come in.

Wow how cool! Thanks for the pic Relic! I just recently learned from my equine dentist that horses baby teeth don't fall out until they are 2 - 2.5yrs old! Here I thought their baby teeth fell out before they were yearlings! :eek:

I always wondered what growing in teeth looked like - thanks!! This is a great educational photo!

Not to be an alarmist, but--in the photo, it looks like the two incisors on either side of the 'growing in' adult incisors *might* be in the way(for want of a better term)of the downward growth progress of the two 'growing in' incisors--see the angle of the inside wall of those teeth? If it were me, I believe I'd have my equine vet take a look....anything that impedes or is 'in the way of' a tooth trying to grow in, might affect its proper growth. Not saying this is the case here, but I'd have it looked at....FWIW.(In my experience, teeth come in at different rates in different horses; don't know that there's a hard-and-fast answer to your question, in that respect.)

Best wishes,

Margo

Is the filly actually 3 years old, like a spring birthday or will she be 3 later this summer?? The teeth in the photo are what I would expect to see on a two turning three year old horse.

Latest posts

Back