Pix at 20 hours old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Okay, we changed his name!! This is our newest JEM Ice Man baby, our first colt sired by him.

Smoke_walk_sm.jpg

Timiescolt_sm.jpg

Would you say he's black? Or is he going to turn silver dapple? Mane & tail are very dark...

Don't know the color but boy are you lucky!!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Whatever his name
wink.gif
, he sure is nice! Ice Man just keeps putting quality babies on the ground--congrats!

[SIZE=14pt]He is VERY VERY nice![/SIZE]

Lyn

Gee, I'v never seen a foal that color before...really quite an unusual, yet pretty color. He sure is a handsome boy though!

OF COURSE i DONT KNOW THE PARENTS COLORS, GUESSING MOM IS SILVER BAY? BUT DOESNT ANYONE ELSE SEE THE DARK GUELLO/DUN LIKE MARKINGS OVER HIS SHOULDER? UNLESS THATS JUST FROM GETTING RAINED ON OR SOMETHING. HE IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL COLT WHATEVER COLOR! ARE HIS EYES BLUE?

wow he sure is nice very cute boy i think he is silver

hairicane said:
OF COURSE i DONT KNOW THE PARENTS COLORS, GUESSING MOM IS SILVER BAY?  BUT DOESNT ANYONE ELSE SEE THE DARK GUELLO/DUN LIKE MARKINGS OVER HIS SHOULDER? UNLESS THATS JUST FROM GETTING RAINED ON OR SOMETHING. HE IS A  VERY BEAUTIFUL COLT WHATEVER COLOR! ARE HIS EYES BLUE?
418084[/snapback]

Yes, Mom is a silver bay, dad is a silver dapple. Last night by the time he dried off it was dark, but in artificial lighting he did--to me--look dun or grullo. The shoulder markings, the dorsal stripe, dark mane and tail all really stood out, even his legs showed darker than they look in these photos. But, that can't be possible--his dam has a dorsal stripe and a bit of shading on her shoulders, but I've never thought of her as dun. I guess we'll just wait and see what this boy sheds out like--and whatever I put on his papers this fall will likely be wrong come next spring!!
laugh.gif
Oh, his eyes--no, they are dark, not blue.

Thank you all. We're quite pleased with little Smoke!

Sire could have the Dun factor???? I thought Smoky Grullo as soon as I saw him. Don't think Silver though!!

wub.gif
He is Wonderful.....Congratulations no matter what color but it will be fun to see him change..
aktion033.gif
His name is perfect....
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back