Pinto World Restult!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for listing the results and congrats to all the winners. I don't think we will ever get to the Pinto World Show, but you never know. Some people from New England show there every year.

Kaykay- you should probably double check at the show, but usually "overo" and "tobiano" classes are just for "big" horses and there are separate color classes for minis and ponies (not separated by pattern). That is how New England does it, but your local show might be different. But you CAN show minis (if you are an Amateur) in Amateur Halter and Showmanship where you can compete with the big boys.

Good luck!

I am hoping Angela Holmes will post her results, because as the breeder of one of her horses... I am about ready to BURST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_shutup.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_firstprize.gif

I am crying so hard I can barely see to type. If you didn't know. I lost my under gelding,

levi-05JULP-007-27-web-1.jpg

Abrias Daring Elevation or Levi, 3 days before the show. I told Levi, if he didn't make it, that Beau

and I were gonna go to the World Show and win it all for him. We did.....

High Point Amateur Miniature

High Point Open Miniature

ribbons.jpg

buckles.jpg

BeauHalter2.jpg
Beau

World Champion in

Geldings

Color

English Showmanship

Disciplined Driving- open

Reinsmanship

Disciplined Driving- Amateur

Hunter

Roadster

Reserve World Champion in

Jumping

Ideal Pinto Driving

Obstacle Driving

Pleasure Driving

Then Beau was not doing good, so I bought him a little buddy, the day before we

showed- Phantom of the Opera and we won with him too.

World Champion Gelding

Reserve World Champion Color

CCF06232008_00000.jpg

phantom.jpg

I just want to thank all the ladies and the guys who let me cry on their shoulders

during the show. It was very hard for me to be there without my Levi, but Beau

and I were determined to do it and win it all for Levi. Beau showed his heart out

for me. He was a trooper because he is still hurting too over the loss of his best friend.

Also a BIG THANK YOU to all the emails and cards I have recieved when I returned home.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY COW ANGELA! When I pulled out Friday I knew you were doing well, but darn GIRL! Talk about over achieving! Congratulations! I think you had an angel smiling down on you!
default_wub.png

Oh my gosh! I'm just sitting here bawling! I didn't know you had lost your boy.
default_no.gif

I congratulate you on your awesome wins and hope that eases your pain.

Charlotte

Well I can't compete with Angela's awards but I'm SO proud of my little horses. This is the only picture that has arrived. I hope the rest come before we have to leave for Stillwater.

Here is Reflections Oooh La La CBY (27 3/4")

WillowfillyWorldsmall.jpg

Charlotte

What was the turn around on the curtain shots? I ordered mine on Friday and forgot to ask!

Phantoms curtain was done on Friday and I picked it up Saturday. I called the photo people this morning and they talked like Beau's printed out pic would be out tomorrow. But the CD photos I picked up on Saturday, the same day.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Angela}}}}}}}}}}}} I hadnt known you lost your boy Levi!!!
default_sad.png

PSST.....to all of you that dont know this.....*I* am the PROUD breeder of Beau!!!! Beau is a wonderful horse, but it is Angela that has brought him to the level he has achieved....I am sooooo very honored to have her own and show Beau!!!!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_worshippy.gif

Sorry you lost your guy Angela. That is rough - but WoW what a show you had with Beau!

Dang Charlotte - that is a gorgeous under 28" mini!!!

I think Kathi and Sandy should be home so they can post their results.

Congratulations to all of you - glad to see so many of the Forum family doing so well.

I, too, recieved pictures yesterday on a couple of the horses I had photographed. I was very pleased they got the pictures out so quickly!

This is Redrock Keota, 31".

Keota2008PTHAWorld-1.jpg

Angela, you did great! And it was so good to see Phantom again! I had the pleasure of showing him as a yearling for his former owner.

Huge Congratulations to you all!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Angela - I'm so sorry to hear about Levi, but it sounds like he was watching you the entire time.
default_wub.png

After 4 days on the road to get home and feeling stuck in the movie Ground Hog Day, you know, the one where you get up load the horses, drive all day and then do it again day after day. So happy to get home.

Doradas Spiritwalker aka Val got a World Championship and a Reserve and am very happy about that. My unfortunate experience was in the first class of the World Show for me, I took 2 steps into the arena and blew out my left knee. I almost fell if it hadn't been for Tinka, my little mare catching me. The judges and ring stewards were very nice to me and wanted to call the medic and didn't make me trot long distances and allowed me to cut corners in the halter classes. The next day was trail and we had to trot betwen most of the obstacles so here I was with with braces on both knees, hobbling around the course. It wasn't pretty and I didn't do justice to my horses but I did it on my own the way I wanted. Carrie jumped my horses for me luckily.

It was wonderful to meet some of the forum members but unfortunately way too brief.

We just got back last night! Boy was I glad to get out of the truck and the horses were so happy to be home and out of the trailer! What a long trip but definately worth it!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
(can't do that every year though.......$2000 just in gas!
default_no.gif
).

I actually got to meet some of the forum folks! Very briefly for the ones that just showed halter.......Charlotte and Frank, Becky and Peggy(my boy did fine for drug testing though I almost didn't make it back in time for amateur halter!). I spent more time with Angela the next day during the performance classes.......I don't know how many times I wiped tears out of my eyes with her stories of her gelding that just died. I was happy to be able to give her a "real" hug and not just a cyber one. I'm so glad she won Amateur Hi-pt and Open B mini hi point with her "B" gelding!

Overall the Pinto numbers were up. I was surprised that the mini classes were actually smaller than what we have in Oregon.....especially in the performance classes. However......if you just look at the results pages they don't list the ones that were DQ'd so some of the numbers were actually higher. Had lots of people asking about minis and we had extra helpers during halter day that are now "hooked" and looking to buy!
default_yes.gif

I took 3 horses and here are their results:

Total Eclipse Dances on Heir(Danny):

World Champion! 2 and under stallions! He place 1st under all 3 judges!
default_biggrin.png
There were 8 in his class.

He was 8th in color.....not his strong suit.

Alohas Heir to Magic:(Danny's sire)

4th in Halter stallions,3 and over, under 34

3rd in Amateur halter! This was an "A and B" combined class all sexes and ages......so it was pretty big!
default_yes.gif

6th in trail-in-hand

9th in amateur trail-in-hand(huge class.......mini A's,B's and pony's!!)

4th in jumping.

Now for Lily!! Total Eclipse Starlight Dancer:

4th in 3 and over mares(she would not give me ears and her expression was "I don't want to be here! :DOH! )

3rd in color!!
default_biggrin.png
Under the individual judges she got a 1st, 2nd and no placing, so 2 of them liked her!

World Champion:

Trail-in-hand under 34"

Amateur trail-in-hand....I was floating with this win!! Huge class and against mini A and B and Ponies!

Hunter

Reserve World Champion in Jumping!

and the most shocking.............Hi Point Mini under 34"!!! I couldn't believe that since she doesn't do the driving classes! The hi-point winners get a mini cart.......which will come in handy as I want to get back into driving.

I can't wait to get my pictures! I'll share when I do. Here's a pic of my awards(can't compete with Angela though!
default_wacko.png

100_2718.jpg

100_2717.jpg

Congratulations EVERYONE! We really need to have a Pinto Mini/Pony exhibitor party. Hmmm, maybe next year!

Please believe me. Everyone did wonderful at the show and I PROMISE you, I would give it all back in a heart beat to have my best buddy, Levi back. I miss him so much and am still crying/bawling, like I just lost him last night, even though it has been 2 weeks. I am completely miserable now back at home. Everything I see around the barn reminds me of him and right now I cannot handle it. I have decided to sell all his show items, because it is killing me to see his brand new cart, harness, bits, and halters he never even got to try on or use. I am trying my best to get thru this, but it is literally killing me. One minute I want to quit showing and the next I am ready to show again. I am just so emotionally exhausted over Levi, I don't know what to do right now. So I am taking it hour by hour right now. But Beau is a big shoulder to cry on and I think he knows why I am still crying and I am so grateful to have such a great horse like him. Phantom is very caring too, he is a sweetheart and tries so hard for me. Lastnight Beau and I showed off for Phantom and jumped the Hunter course with no halter, Phantom stood there watching us with his ears up. so I took Phantom thru the course 2 times and then he had it down pat too. So then I said, Phantom- you either got it, or you don't. So I asked him to sidepass, he took 2 wobbly, confused steps and WA-LA, he learned to side pass like a pro , both ways! I cannot believe how quick he is learning things. Then I spent 15 minutes on Showmanship and he is pivoting and backing perfectly. just needs a bit of work on setting up, but thats no big deal. I like Phantom alot, but boy is he short. So now, I like to practice with my boys and talk to them about showing or not. But yesterday, I got an invite to show Phantom in the AMHA Best Matched Pair class at World. That really lit a flame under me, I felt I cannot let my fellow show friends down by staying home and not showing ever again. I know my pain won't go away anytime soon, maybe never, but I need to do what I like- MINIS............

Angela, I am SO sorry to read about Levi! I know he was there with you, as he always will be.

Congratulations to you (and Linda) on Beau's success, and I absolutely adore Phantom!

When you feel like giving up showing, just remember that Levi IS with you and obviously doesn't want you to quit. You have honored his memory and spirit so very well, and I know you'll continue to do him proud!

Take care,

susanne

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back