Pinto registry question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vintage_Farms

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a quick Question, My Stallion was recently tested for the Lethal White Gene and he does have it. He is A solid Bay with some face white and a blue eye.

Can he now be registered pinto, even if he does not have the required amount of white?
Bolero-Liz-Shot-7-27.jpg
mirror2.jpg

Thanks,

Dawn

Yes, any horse can be registered with pinto. Even solid colored ones.

BUT he will go into the "breeding stock" division and will show with other breeding stock horses.

Yes, any horse can be registered with pinto. Even solid colored ones.

BUT he will go into the "breeding stock" division and will show with other breeding stock horses.
That is news to me! But very cool! I have one non-pinto, that just happens to be a son of the above mentioned horse. So that means that I can register him pinto and show at pinto shows in breeding stock classes? How cool is that?

That is news to me! But very cool! I have one non-pinto, that just happens to be a son of the above mentioned horse. So that means that I can register him pinto and show at pinto shows in breeding stock classes? How cool is that?
Good luck finding a B/S mini class. Pinto shows in Oregon do not have them. Maybe there is enough in other places to have classes, but not here.

Good luck finding a B/S mini class. Pinto shows in Oregon do not have them. Maybe there is enough in other places to have classes, but not here.
There are no stock mini classes in NY either. Most pinto shows are slowly building a mini base but even now there are only mare and stallion/gelding classes for halter at our NY Pinto shows and there used to be just one halter class for all minis.

I believe you can earn Pinto Points with a breeding stock mini through the Open Competitive ... Program (OCAP- I forget what the "A" stands for!). So you show at approved open shows and then can get PtHA awards. Check it out at www.pinto.org.

I believe you can earn Pinto Points with a breeding stock mini through the Open Competitive ... Program (OCAP- I forget what the "A" stands for!). So you show at approved open shows and then can get PtHA awards. Check it out at www.pinto.org.

New member here! New England Pinto (shows in CT) will be offering a Breeding Stock Pinto division this year! Four classes Showmanship, Halter, Trail, and Hunter in Hand. Also for new for 2011 is the Pinto Pays program that you earn money for every point your pinto earns. If you sign up by Dec 1 there is a discount.

Lots of reasons to show Pinto in 2011

http://www.pinto.org/pintopays.html

I thought I had heard that new England was offering the B/S mini classes, to go along with Open, Amateur and Youth. But just wanted to point out to those not familiar with Pinto that (unlike some other breeds) there are no National Points awarded in a Pinto class unless there are at least 3 entries. Not trying to discourage anyone, but you just might need to be patient with any new division. New England started with just Open mini classes for several years and then they built up to the point that the halter is now split. Then Amateur was added 2 years ago and that is now pretty healthy, and Youth is just getting going. The shows are lots of fun too!

Thanks for the info. I am very Excited to confirm what i had thought about Boleros color and maye get him registered pinto.

Just to let everyone know Equine Events will be hosting a series of Pinto mini shows in combination with AMHA shows for 2011. We will be offering both open and ammy halter for both Pinto and Breeding Stock and all performance and showmanship classes for both as well. This icludes driving.

Another way for Pinto owners to earn points as well as money from the Pinto Pays Program. This will offer two for one shopping if you have AMHA and PtHA reg minis. After talking to exhibitors, Equine Events is going to lower fees - we do not charge an showing off the trailer fee - this is not a CLUB series so no membership is required-but a year end program is offered. As well as day ends.

So you have plenty of time to look into your minis background to see if you can get breeding stock PtHA papers. A great way to show Pinto and stay for AMHA classes as well at the same location and same day. This is a freindly show series that offers something for everyone.... great prizes, surpirises with raffles and all the little added extras. As always great food.

For more info please email me at [email protected] - shows are in process of approval- I can give info on classes to be offered and proposed dates/locations. (No normal conflicts with NEPtHA-just a great way to earn more points)

Hope to see everyone again in 2011.
default_aktion033.gif

Missy,

That sounds great, only have to clip once & haul to show once and can get points in both AMHA & Pinto. And I like no trailer fee, that was why I didn't want to bring a bunch to pinto show, the trailer fee's ran the cost of the show up quickly .

I need to get Fed Ex his breeding stock papers for 2011. So we can do both. I will be there !!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Good luck finding a B/S mini class. Pinto shows in Oregon do not have them. Maybe there is enough in other places to have classes, but not here."

Actually Diane we do offer breeding stock classes. Both the Southern and Northern show have them. The solid minis would compete against the big horses though...it's all one class. So far we've always cancelled the Southern classes due to lack of entries but the last Northern show I was at had quite a few entries and had performance classes also. What they don't have is mini-specific breed stock performance classes so I don't see a big jump for solid minis to come to Pinto shows.

Latest posts

Back