Pinto Registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewelsOK

Reaction score
We are thinking of registering my daughter's Paint horse with the Pinto Association and thought we might as well register Image, too if he is elegible. Does he look like he has enough white (he has a small white spot on his neck and some roaning in areas, too). What kind of Pinto would he be, Overo, Tobiano,...?

Fair08121.jpg

Fair08.jpg

What do we say for his eye color - he has one partial blue?

Thanks a bunch

Thank you! Where it asks for blue eyes it just asks yes or no - he has partial blue - does that make it a yes or a no?

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Make the eyes as a yes.
default_smile.png
I think you would enjoy it if you make it to the PtHA World Championship show. It's a lot of fun having all the different types there together!

Charlotte

Yes, he has plenty of white for Pinto - it looks like just the whilte in his tail would qualify him, but certainly the white around the tail will. Minis don't have "types" though (hunter, stock, saddle, pleasure), so you can leave that part of the form blank. The local Pinto shows can be fun too, where you can get National points toward lots of wonderful awards.

I think you would easily be able to register him pinto. He has plenty of white on him.

Just a thought, my understanding is that the horse can NOT have any appy background either. I don't know how far back they look into their pedigree either. This is what I have been told and what I have read.

Please let me know if this is wrong.

I believe no appy background is true for full size horses

but minis can have appy background as long as they don't

show any appy characteristics.

Correct me if i'm wrong

You'll find a link to the 2008 PtHA Rule Book here:

http://www.pinto.org/ptha_info.html

It will tell you exactly how much white your horse has to have and what white counts and what doesn't. Your mini has plenty of white.

It also explains the rules about appy background. I believe that anything with an appaloosa background is excluded, but the PtHA office could tell you for sure if it's not clear in the rulebook. I have found the people at the PtHA office very friendly and helpful.

I think you would really enjoy Pinto shows.

(By the way, miniatures cannot be Paints, only pintos)

Last edited by a moderator:
He is Splash, which gives the blue eyes and the face white, neither of which Tobiano have.

He may have Tobiano as well, I am not sure what your options are on the Pinto papers. I do know they are wildly inaccurate and misleading.

Unless you can put a combination of patterns I would stick to Splash as he is not typical of Tobiano at all.

Unfortunately with Pinto, your pattern options are Overo or Tobiano. Regardless of the blue eyes, since his pattern crosses his back, he'll be labeled a tobiano. What is really ridculus is they registered a pony tobiano at the world show when he was obviously a frame overo and then that pony went on to take Reserve World Champion in the Tobiano Pony class! How that was possible I have no idea.

Latest posts

Back