Pinto Horse Association of PA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
Thanks to Jess' post about showing, I finally remember to look into finding a local Pinto club and their shows. I particularly excited because I think my new mare, Ethel is going to show well. I looked up the information and am thrilled to see that the shows are held "sort of" local to me in Carlisle, PA. It's actually a shorter drive than what I'm doing now for my club show (which I'll continue to do because I love the people!).

I'm curious to know if anyone on here is a member or has shown at these shows.

I have never been to the PA Pinto shows, but Melanie Peterson from Hidden Timber Ranch in PA comes to our New England Pinto Shows, so she could probably help you. I think I saw her rotating ad on the LB forum this month. I think you would really like the Pinto shows. We are thinking of trying the NY ones next year, in addition to the New England ones. There are also Pinto shows in NJ.

Thanks Targetsmom! I'll see if I can get in touch with her. I really want to find another outlet in addition to my club shows. The fact that their shows are within a driving time I'm comfortable with makes it very attractive.

One of the GREAT things about the Pinto shows - besides just being fun - is the award structure for the National points. And you can track your points on the Pinto website. Plus they have a new "Pinto Pays" program that runs like a futurity (you have to pay to nominate your horse/self) but you can earn the money by showing at your local shows based on the number of points. And virtually everyone shows performance. The Open classes might have professionals in them but it feels great when you beat one of them at their own game (e.g. driving or performance). You are not likely to run into miniature halter trainers at local shows because there are only one or two halter classes.

I heard back from Melanie. She said the miniature classes they have are getting larger each show and they're actually considering separating into sex-based classes (currently stallions/mares/geldings of all ages show together, I think). I was actually surprised at the number of separate miniature classes they have at the show. She also said that the minis nearly outnumbered the biggies at the last show. I think I'm going to have more shows on my calendar next season!
aktion033.gif

Not to mention another club to join. Gotta look into registering my one pinto that I plan to show their with the Pinto registry too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a pinto boy, and im considering registering him and showing him pinto on top of AMHR. The shows are about 3 1/2 hours from me, which is a bit hard with a toddler, but were seriously thinking about it.

I am a Pa Pinto Horse Club member. If you email me through my web site I can give you some info or any questions that you may have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that you were able to find more local shows! I have had no luck so far! I found an alabama miniature horse club and sent an email to them, but I dont think they have shows. I also found a sabino color registry, but it looks to be outdated (still says now accepting registration for 2009) I am going to email them as well and see if i can get info anyway!

Latest posts

Back