Pictures of silver bays!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedMeadows

Reaction score
Can you all share your silver bay pictures with me? I think my stud is silver bay but I have never seen a proper shed to be sure. I would love to see your clipped, unclipped and she pictures! Thanks so much!

I love silver bays. I own two, and they are so different in how their color looks.

Here is my A division show gelding, Tibb's Sundowner. "Sunny" is a 3x National Champion / 6x Reserve National Champion in halter or model classes, has his Halter HOF w/ almost 200 halter points, 18 grand championships, etc. On the inside, he is a remarkable boy. I haven't ever met a horse like him and he's very special:

sunny1.jpg

sunny9.jpg

sunny5.jpg

Then this is one of my mares, Harmony Hills Harvest Gold. "Goldie" is a really sweet mare who has done well at shows in halter and in driving. She is registered as palomino but she is really a very light silver bay dun. I think her color is one of the prettiest in the horses that own me:

kim+goldie.jpg

Goldie%20--%20Horses%20and%20Dogs%20--%2009302005%20011.jpg

Goldie%20--%20Horses%20at%20Home%20--%2010022005%20--%20079.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH I LOVE SILVER BAYS, JILL YOURS ARE BEAUTIFUL,
default_wub.png
: JST1ARAB HAS A GORGEOUS STALLION IN HER AVATAR I HOPE SHELL COME ON AND POST A PICTURE OF HIM
default_unsure.png
: I CANT WAIT TO SEE MORE ,ITS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE COLOURS
default_yes.gif
:

I LOVE SILVER BAYS! :aktion033:

Here is Little Kings Boston Ballet, our 2 year old mare on our show string this year

ef082277.jpg

and here is Adventure II's Dixie Rebel Jr, my daughters gelding that drives and is an all around great little horse

f887b604.jpg

Here's a picture of my stallion. Sunshine Meadows Wild Intrigue.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

I'm pretty sure he's a silver bay

He just looks darker then some others.

Image4.jpg

Beautiful horses!!!

Terri, I love Ballet
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: And, Asia, I agree your boy is silver bay and that is my favorite shade of silver bay, too!

Here's my silver bay yearling filly, VPS Just A Tad Bad
default_wub.png
:. I LOVE Silver Bay's. If you body clip them, it takes them a while to get their color back, but their color is the best once it comes back!!! ~Jen~

Most of these photo's are of her at about 6 months old...haven't done updated pics since she's been clipped this spring, but she still looks the same!

108.jpg

show.jpg

18.jpg

107.jpg

Thanks Jill, we were going to show her last year but she was way too stringy. We couldn't get the weight to stay on her, but I think she prettied up real good this year! Sonny is a special horse, I hope to see some pictures of you two in the ring together soon!
default_yes.gif
:

Here is 2M's Country Sunshine. My first baby and we have learned so much together.

She is now 5 years old and getting more silver in her mane and tail.

collage2003.jpg

Last year picture, early in the year before her color came in

sunshinejumpingeugene2005.jpg

encores hot tamale

tamale.jpg

my tiny
default_wub.png
:

tinyribbon.JPG

tinykyle.JPG

kyle and mackey

kylejump1.jpg

Last edited:
This girl is so red when she is shed out. This photo was taken over a month ago and she was still hanging onto her fuzzy's, so it makes her look bigger than she is.. There are more photos of her on my sales page.
kachina5.jpg

This silver bay stallion is one of our main herd sires, Thousand Oaks Sirs Lancelot. He produces beautiful foals!!

Lancelot326.jpg
Lancelot248.jpg

These are a couple of our mares.....Honeysuckle Knoll Toys Gigi

Gigi-2.jpg

and, True Ly Petities Country Spice

m-tlpcs-p.jpg

Here is my boy, he is fifteen in these pictures and still going strong

kajunn.jpg

his name is Kajun

kajun.jpg

Solupe---what beautiful rich color your guy has! And so shiney, he looks very well kept.

Wow!! They are all so beautiful!! Levi's mane isn't as light as most of yours. Will it lighten as he ages? Here is a picture I took of him last night after clipping his head. I couldn't get any better pictures cause he was following me around so closely. tee hee. He is 29" tall.

leviheadclip.jpg

Here is my boy, he is fifteen in these pictures and still going strong

kajunn.jpg

his name is Kajun

kajun.jpg

Solupe....in my opinion THIS is the ideal Silver-Bay coloring! Deep red body, darker legs & stark silver-white mane & tail. Your guy is GORGEOUS!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Silver Bays come in all shades, and many do not have that beautiful silver-white mane & tail. They can come in various shades, from the desired silver-white.....to platinum gray, to mixture of dark & silver hairs. I've even seen some manes & tails that looked almost black...but had lots of gray hairs mixed in.

And, unfortunately, I've seen a lot of the bright silver-white manes & tails darken with age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my handsome silver bay, Mocko!
default_wub.png
:

Copyofmockostretch2.jpg

mockoside2.jpg

Latest posts

Back