Pictures of silver bay foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedMeadows

Reaction score
I have a filly here that looks chestnut to me but dad is silver brown and mom is bay and am wondering since her tail is starting to turn a creamy color on the tips. The top of her tail is pure white since her butt is white and then the bottom of the tail was really red. I look forward to the pics. thanks!!

What color is her mane and forelock? If they are flaxen or gray she is a silver bay.

This is my silver bay mare.

calliehollis5-383x302.jpg

This was her coloring as a baby:

callierun-365x284.jpg

~Jen~

Her mane is red right now but the tail is changing daily. Her legs are white all the way up to her shoulders and over her rump so no legs to go on. I have other silvers but this girl threw me. I have a friend who said her silver bay looked like my gal when she was newborn and now is silvery white. Jen, my stallion was colored alot like yours when he was young, just darker, but his mane and tail haven't lightened up as much as yours has.

Here is my guy as a silver bay baby:

rosewbcolt4.jpg

and as a 5-yr-old gelding:

Copyofmockgood.jpg

Jen, I've been a fan of your silver bay mare since I first saw her as a yearling
default_wub.png

Rhonda--I just made a new post called Little Church Remembers Rosa Adell--and she's a silver bay. I originally was putting photos in a reply to you to show the color--but decided to make a birthday post.

But it's another example for you. It was hard for me to believe her light legs would turn darker--but they did.
default_smile.png

This is my Silver Bay Mare..... River Wood Rapid's Dolly May... pictured when she was a weanling. Her sire is my avatar photo, Tibbs Rapid Transit who is also Silver Bay.

dollyCROPPEDjpg500.jpg

Thank you everyone. I think my gal is a straight chestnut/sorrel. Her tail is getting creamy but her mane is so red that I don't think it will change. I enjoyed looking at everyone's beautiful horses. I love silver bays!!

You may also want to look at this site:

http://www.equinecolor.com/silver.html

It's a great resource for learning about all different colors and dilutions.

One of my geldings, Sunny (9x National / Reserve National Champion) is pictured in the part about silver bay (he's next to the picture of legs)...

Silver bay is such a cool color. The body coats can range from almost a palomino gold - a deep copper brown. I love it
default_yes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
My Stallion (in my avatar) is picture below your photo Jill I believe, when he was a weanling before we purchased him from our friends Tim and Linda.

Thank you everyone. Beautiful horses. I didn't really think my gal was a silver bay but someone had a picture of her filly that was colored alot like my gal as a filly and now is definitely a silver bay. My stud is a silver bay or silver brown. Here is Levi

newlevi.gif

And this is my filly

rosepetalball.jpg

Can't wait to see Levi's other babies!!

Latest posts

Back