Pictures of Pretty Table Center Piece

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone --

I just wanted to brag on my mom a little. She and my dad are having a dinner party tonight and my mom's been working so hard to make everything perfect. She made a really pretty "rose cake" center piece for the table. It took four (4) dozen roses!!! I think it's beautiful. She is really creative and artistic.

Jill

cake%20004%20smaller.jpg

cake%20006%20smaller.jpg

OMG thats beautiful!!! How does she make the roses?????!!!!! It looks so real!!! I'll bet it tastes good too!!!! Your mom is very talented!

Oh no! I didn't explain it right. They are REAL roses, it's just a to look at "cake". There is a foam oasis in the center.

Years ago, she made a "cake" that looked like a real cake but was plaster. I think she used some hat boxes as the foundation (?). She decorated it with dried flowers and it is really beautiful, too.

That is very pretty -- I have to admit I was wondering how you would EAT it... thanks for the additional explanations.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

WOW that is gorgeous and so is the whole setting!

aktion033.gif
l love it does she keep the middle wet or are they just stuck in for a few hours that is such a good idea. l'm always looking for something different to bring to people in the hospital when l visit and l think this would be so much nicer then just some roses in a vase.

Wow that is beautiful.........

Relic said:
aktion033.gif
l love it does she keep the middle wet or are they just stuck in for a few hours that is such a good idea. l'm always looking for something different to bring to people in the hospital when l visit and l think this would be so much nicer then just some roses in a vase.
472644[/snapback]

you can use florists foam shaped however you want it then soak the foam to make the flowers last longer
wink.gif

That's gorgeous! The room is beautiful and looks elegant and inviting.
wub.gif

There's an oasis foam in the center that's soaked with water
smile.gif
HOWEVER, my mom wanted to make it last night and the florist adviced to make it this morning because sometimes the foam clogs the rose stems and then the rose doesn't get water and wilts. Will let you know how long this one lasts.

Also, not pictured, but she has these pretty glass window vases that are like glass pockets that screw into the wood of the window. You put water in them and then 3 or so rose buds. She thought she'd have enough left over to do that with the four dozen roses she bought but used them all in the "cake". My dad was going out this morning to see if he could find another dozen pink roses for the windows.

Wow, that is pretty, alright!

I am impressed, as well. I bet her dinner guests feel truly special, it looks very inviting and enjoyable.

Liz M.

Your mom is VERY talented! The entire arrangement is beautiful!!! Can we come over for dinner, too???
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Back