Pictures of mini turning grey

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobey

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share these photos, I thought they were neat. His mother is flea biten grey and daddy is black & white pinto. I sold this little guy last year as a weanling. The current picture was sent to me by his current owner.

One week old picture (with momma):

silverknight6-15-05.jpg

Picture for sale (you can already see he is starting to turn color):

july12knight.jpg

Current picture:

1e7cf548.jpg

Picture of his full brother, who is one year older. This picture was taken last summer but he is still black!

solider7-12-05.jpg

(I know, my son should have been wearing proper shoes - I didn't even notice when I took that picture. I do make sure he has proper shoes on now!! )

He's gorgeous
default_smile.png
Just wondering though, how can he look soooo much like a teeny draft, and his brother look so refined? Is it just the pictures making his legs look so huge?

You gotta love the everchanging horse! :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Thats my Favourite colour :aktion033: I have one too, was Pitch black as a baby Right up until about a weanling, she never got goggles or anything, She was soo dark that people thought she was a roan... Hope you dont mind me sharing mine....

This is Katie as a Yearling,

Img0699.jpg

At 1 1/2

Katiesmile.jpg

A wooly Almost 2 years

70e52ab4.jpg

And now, 2 1/2 years.
default_wub.png
:

DSCN2648.jpg

DSCN2953.jpg

I find greys so interesting, you never know what you will get each time you clip....
default_smile.png

Helen

CvReAgZaYn - The picture of him is a current picture with his winter hair - we are in northern Wisconsin, suppose to get to 30 degrees yet tonight. He is refined also - just very hairy :lol: When warmer weather comes and he is shed out I'll have to see if I can get another picture of him.

The picture of his brother is from last summer, all sleek with the winter woolies gone.

I'm still wondering if he will turn grey also - so far not showing any signs. He's two this year.

I love watching him change and so glad he has such wonderful owners and the keep in touch!

Thanks for letting me share!!

[SIZE=18pt]The older brother will likely not change. The tell tale sign of greying out is the rings around the eyes or white hair. In the one picture he almost looks like my bay roan mare.... whitish in the body and dark legs and face. My grey Sweet Tart changed every year too.[/SIZE]

f326914d.jpg
weanling

f88c91a4.jpg
yearling

f2fbd111.jpg
two year old

ef9f7d82.jpg
three year old this spring.

Both his parents are grey.

Lyn

Latest posts

Back