Pictures from Raven's Loft Faire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago we went to a Faire about an hour from us. I found it on the Internet and was thrilled there was one so close to home!! That weekend it was 102-104, and huby said we were NUTS to not only be going but to go in garb
new_shocked.gif
. He would stay home in 21st century air conditioning, thank you very much!!!

Long story short--it was a very SMALL Faire--a local SCA chapter that gets together every summer to camp, fight, joust, drink, sing and dance. There were more participants than audience, but we had a blast. A thunder storm rolled in so the temperature dropped (never made it to our house) and all the maidens did a ring dance in the rain.

There was a wonderful henna artist there, MUCH cheaper--and better--than the ones I've seen at the big Faires. Bad news is I forgot my camera, so the pictures were taken when we got home. The donkeys thought we were highly entertaining
biggrin.gif

RavensLoft2005e.jpg

RavensLoft2005c.jpg

right after the henna was applied:

Henna--new.jpg

two weeks later:

HennafromFaire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Pam those are great! I've always wondered about henna. I should try some.

Oh that's just beautiful. I love your garb too. That must be so much fun. I've always wanted go to the renaisance fairs but never seem to have time.

Great pictures and I love the looks of the henna tattoo!!! If i ever got one, that would be the kind (pretty and temporary!).

That's so pretty and MY kind of tatoo. NO NEEDLES!!!

We just had a fare at the Amana's Labor Day weekend but I don't recall seeing a henna artst (is that what they are called?). Did you ever get over here to this one when you lived here Dr. Pam?

Latest posts

Back