Pictures from Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
Here are a few pics we took this past weekend. Some of the pictures didn't turn out so well, the camera went fuzzy several times. You can bet we will have a new one before next show season.
yes.gif
The first picture is of our "National Top Ten" yearling B stallion, Mini H Smokin' Most Wanted". We are the second horse on the front row. That is Erica with "Cross Country's Take My Breath Away" National Reserve Champion, right behind us.

f24fbd54.jpg

This is National Top Ten, "Erica's Oh Bay-B Bay-B" she is the bay mare with me in the dark green jacket. That is Jan Bryant-birdmomjb directly behind me.

f24fe866.jpg

This is "Erica's Smoke Rings In The Dark" I am wearing the lavender jacket, he is the silver grulla.

f24fd52b.jpg

And last but most definately not least our Reserve National Champion in Youth and Ammy here is "H Smokin' Colt Pistol" I am wearing all black and he is the gray and white on the first row

f24fe4c0.jpg

It will be 3-4 weeks before we get our pics that were taken there, it will be hard waiting that long!
sad.gif
It is hard coming home early knowing everything is still going on there, wished we could of stayed for the whole show and watched it all. As you can tell the classes were large, it is great to see such a turn out, and thrilling to hear over the loud speaker that this is the largest miniature horse show in the world! It was very exciting just to be there. Oh my gosh, the shopping too!

Most of those where my daughter was showing were very fuzzy and those that did turn out were not very good poses, but here are a couple. Here she is with her boy Mo

f24ff90b.jpg

And here she is with Pistol in the red jacket

f24ff665.jpg

I really enjoy being the groomer better than showing and Chasta does such a better job at it than me. She has such an easy way about her with the horses. Especially Mo, he wants to fidget with me, where with her he stood like a rock.

aktion033.gif

Thanks so much for the photos!

I really enjoyed looking at them. Of course, it's not quite the same as being there, but it helps a lot to have pics.
smile.gif

Congratulations on the placings!

Liz M.

Those are great pictures!!!! The horses, of course, are gorgeous but so is the ring! So glitzy. I have GOT TO GO next year. There's got to be someone from my area that I could kind of follow. I could barely concentrate or think of anything but the Nationals the last couple of days so I may as well be there in person next year since that's where my thoughts have been!

Every year the arena is sooo pretty, they really fix it up. My daughter made the comment this year that Nationals is better than Disney World, and I can understand what she is saying. It is the whole atmosphere. I really do wish we could stay thru the whole thing. This work and school stuff is really messing up our life, but we have to work to live.
wacko.gif
no.gif

Thanks for the wonderful pictures taken from the "audience's view"
laugh.gif
Often all that is taken is the individual horse.

This also points out another thing ------- LOOOK at the quality of the horses in that ring!! This is why, when you get into the top ten at a National show you should be so very, very, very proud!!!!! At some of the local shows you face against a few really nice horses and a few that are doing well there but just ---- well, you can see from these pics that only the cream of the crop are at these Nationals.

It's like "
new_shocked.gif
where'd they come from???" Yep, when the best of the best meet, it is awesome!

Now anybody who has wondered "what is meant by NATIONAL QUALITY SHOW ANIMALS?" , you need to save these pics and look often. Any horse that places here is quality only. And, they have generally worked hard to get there.

CONGRATULATIONS to anyone placing in top ten
aktion033.gif

Bess Kelly said:
This also points out another thing ------- LOOOK at the quality of the horses in that ring!!    This is why, when you get into the top ten at a National show you should be so very, very, very proud!!!!!    At some of the local shows you face against a few really nice horses and a few that are doing well there but just ----  well, you can see from these pics that only the cream of the crop are at these Nationals.
It's like "
new_shocked.gif
where'd they come from???"  Yep, when the best of the best meet, it is awesome!

Now anybody who has wondered "what is meant by NATIONAL QUALITY SHOW ANIMALS?"  , you need to save these pics and look often.  Any horse that places here is quality only.    And, they have generally worked hard to get there.

CONGRATULATIONS  to anyone placing in top ten 
aktion033.gif

466897[/snapback]

Yep, when I took Appy in our Ammy class I was looking around at all the other BEAUTIFUL horses (nearly 40 of 'em!) and I thought "even if we don't place at all, there's no shame in that! Only goes to 10 places, and there were more FABULOUS horses in the ring than there were ribbons!!!! (But I WAS and AM thrilled that Appy's been doing so well!) When they called us up for 8th place and my first National Top Ten, I was just so happy and proud!

It's a good thing I can't buy any more horses for awhile, or I'd be out in the barns doing some major shopping! Yummy yummy horses everywhere you look!

I really enjoy seeing your pics since I was not able to attend this year. Thanks for posting and got any more?.....

Bess Kelly said:
This also points out another thing ------- LOOOK at the quality of the horses in that ring!!    This is why, when you get into the top ten at a National show you should be so very, very, very proud!!!!! 

Now anybody who has wondered "what is meant by NATIONAL QUALITY SHOW ANIMALS?"  , you need to save these pics and look often.  Any horse that places here is quality only.    And, they have generally worked hard to get there.
I'm going to mention it, since Teri hasn't -

Pistol (aka the gelding I like so well) is home-bred, foaled, trained, conditioned, groomed and shown by the Harrisons.

I think they deserve to be a little extra proud, don't you?

of course, the bad news is that at our little fun shows with only a few dozen horses from our local club, we're always up against these National Top Ten horses
rolleyes.gif
owned and shown by minih, birdmomjb, erica, etc.

add several wellknown trainers into the mix for the AMHR show, and you'll see why i say "if your horses can win here, they can win anywhere!"

Pistol (aka the gelding I like so well) is home-bred, foaled, trained, conditioned, groomed and shown by the Harrisons.
Thanks Johnice for the pat on the back. We are soooooo proud of him, I tell him every evening what a good boy he is with lots of scratches and carrots.
biggrin.gif

I also wanted to congradulate everyone on their wins at nationals, especially our group here in arkansas! everyone did such a good job.

We also wish we could have stayed a little longer, but Erica had to get back home and back to college. It is nice to get to see everyone you know and all the new people you meet on the forum. I just wish we could have had a little more "down" time to do a little more socializing. Seems like when ever we didnt have to show, we were busy washing horses and getting them ready for the next day. In the bed at midnight and up between 5 or 6, running like chickens with our heads cut off. oh well, its part of it, and we love it!

congraulations again to everyone, including my girl, Erica!!!

by the way, wasnt that the neatest thing watching "ready" run his laps when he retired after winning the overall national grand champion. He was absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Linda

by the way, wasnt that the neatest thing watching "ready" run his laps when he retired after winning the overall national grand champion. He was absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Linda
Mom means "REDI" - Mike and Lisa's over stallion Belinda has been showing all year (B & L 's Rock E Red Alert)

I would have loved to have been able to see "Redi" run
yes.gif
I bet it was beautiful!

I hope Erica has some pictures to post on the forum, her and her family have a very good eye for taking pictures. I know her Dad was showing alot at Nationals with her so I hope they were able to get some.

Latest posts

Back