Pictures from Area 5 Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
It was a fun--and HOT--show. This year I'm not showing AMHR, I'm grooming for Patty. Sunny, Blue and I are hitting the ADS shows around here instead. Patty was High Point Miniature Youth for the Area Show, and we got Sunny's final Stakes win for her Hall of Fame in Roadster. Enjoy the pictures!

2007DaffyandArea5024.jpg

Our 2 year old Under filly, out of our multiple National Driving Champion mare DR Hide A Way's Masons Elegant Echo and by Cedar Drive Showtime. First show, placed in all her classes.

2007DaffyandArea5020.jpg

Our 2 year old Over filly out of SR Desert Sun, more wins and Hall of Fames than I'm going to list, by Erica's Gimmie Another Glance, National Halter and Driving Champion. Placed well in all classes, but no wins.

2007DaffyandArea5030.jpg

Ashley with her new horse, Royal Trooper's General Bar. Ashley is very special and made a hundred new friends at the show. She came home with 4 firsts, a second, third and 2 fifths for her first time out. By the end of the show she and the judge were on a first name basis :bgrin

2007DaffyandArea5032.jpg

Ashley in costume with SR Desert Mist

SR Desert Sun--she had wins in jumper, Roadster--including Stakes, Country Pleasure, halter and driving obstacle, and was second in versatility, showmanship, and hunter. She's my main squeeze!!!

2007DaffyandArea5016.jpg

2007DaffyandArea5038.jpg

SR Desert Mist--wins in halter and driving obstacle, versatility, pleasure and roadster. At 29" no one takes her seriously in roadster until they say "Drive On" and she blows past them :new_shocked:

2007DaffyandArea5014.jpg

2007DaffyandArea5008.jpg

2007DaffyandArea5001a.jpg

Spooker05Daffy06002.jpg

Erica's Gimmie Another Glance--wins in showmanship, hunter, jumper, second in halter obstacle and halter.

2007DaffyandArea5036.jpg

2007DaffyandArea5040.jpg

Last but not least, hats off to the people who put together the obstacle course!! Holy cow!! I hope we see something half this good at Nationals!! These are the 2 girls doing their first obstacle class at a show--what a way to break them in!! They both placed, but this baby buggy thing while on a ground tie almost did them in!

2007DaffyandArea5010.jpg

2007DaffyandArea5004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, Dr. Pam!!!!!! The horses look beautiful and the pictures are great!!!

Way to go Dr. Pam and Patty! It looks like you stayed busy, and had a great show. We were sorry not to make the show, so thanks for the pictures. That obstacle course does look like a dandy!

Give Mr. Lance and his daughter a
default_cheekkiss.gif
: from me.

Great pics and they all look wonderful, I'm sad I didn't make that show either, but it would have been four weekends in a row and b/w foaling mares, weaning foals, clipping horses and work I was pooped.

Well, I'm jealous....seems everyone has gotten their Area V pics but me!!!
default_wink.png
: Patty sure does look good out there!

Oh, and I have another word for that obstacle course and it's not dandy!! :new_shocked: My kids did pretty well for all being green. You would have thought that alpaca would do them in, nope, it was the mini dressed up like a zebra that blew their minds! :eek:

Okay, those obstacle pictures are the COOLEST!!! All of them. I love it!
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: The llama and baby carriage just take the cake. :new_shocked:

Misty is one of my favorites and always has been, I think she looks great and so does Patty and Lance.

By the way, you may not have posted any pictures from the Sunrise Ridge DT (shame on you! LOL :nono: ) but I see you are in the centerfold collage in the June/July issue of Carriage Driving World magazine along with some other very nice looking minis from that event. Congratulations!

Leia

Those are great pics. I have always enjoyed watching Patty show, she does an awesome job. She always looks so elegant doing it. She is an inspiration to us all.

Thank you everyone. Karla, Patty is my daughter. Our family started showing minis in CA in 1998. Slow learning curve--but we had a great time. My two older kids are off to college and jobs, so it's been just the two of us for several years. Ashley is 21, and is the daughter of a client. She started coming out on Mondays to "help" and they ended up buying Teddy. One show and they're hooked!

Lets see if I get this right. You had to ground tie your horse in the vine covered hula hoop, get the babby buggy, push it past the horse , take a peanut out of it to give the monkey in the tree, give something to the little girl, and push it back to where it came from. Then do a 360 pivot in the hoop and go to the huge boa constrictor side pass !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Pics! And congrats on all your placings! Patty did a great job!

That obstacle course is WAY TOO COOL.

Latest posts

Back