Pics of you showing in halter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if i could see allot of pics of ppl showing in halter. I think it is the only way to learn allot more very quick. Our first show is next saturday (after this saturday of course on the 27th). I need some help ..pics and advice.

Quick Question:

Can someone tell me exactly in order what you do when you show in Halter. Like from when you walk in to when your done and there giving our ribbons ext.

I have faith in coco and i ..if we dont win i will still love him. Make us work a little harder to!. But i have faith. If we dont win, like i said ..oh well. At least i can say we trained hard and tried!

Please help ..i've never been to a show and missed the one i was planning on going to.

This is what happens at some of my shows (the judges usually direct you)

1. Line up at the gate, the first horse trots in counter-clockwise, wait a few moments, second horse trots in, and so on.

2. continue at a trot to the spot where the judge wants you to line up

3. Set your horse up

4. Some judges come to YOU, some judges have you go to THEM. It depends on what the judge asks. If you go to the judge, you trot to them, set up, wait for their instructions.

5. They probably will ask you to walk away, then trot farther away and trot back. Or ask every horse to walk, then trot in a circle

6.Go back to the judge, wait for them to aknowledge you, then return to your spot in line and set up.

Here are some pics of me and my two show horses in halter.

b50d8f84.jpg

^ this is actually showmanship, but its pretty much the same thing besides the fact you do a pattern.

show5.jpg

Trotting in a circle

Show4.jpg

Show3.jpg

Show2.jpg

Chantill4.jpg

Chantill3.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Thanks miniseasons

I thought we had to do this whole 'walk ..trot ..backup ..canter' thing. Well he is trained for all that ..lol. Guess im going to do fine then. That sounds easy. I am basically looking for ..how to hold the rope ..speed ...little details that you can only notice in pics that are hard to explaine. That helped soooo much! thank you agian.

For just a regular halter class, you first walk in to to the right to a point the judges have chosen, then you trot a large arc around the judges and go back just about to the gate. Wait for all horses to do the same, if its a mare or stallion class the judges usually go down the line and check teeth, they don't on gelding classes. So when the judges get in position you line your horse up at the rail facing the judges and walk to them, as you get to them trot your horse past them. Again go in a large arc and around to where the ring steward askes you to line up. Set up your horse and show it. The judges will come around to judge the horses. When they have their placeings then you will either stand in place or go to the rail to wait for them to call the winners. Depends on what they ask you to do. You then take your winnings and leave the ring.

This is how a halter class is done in AMHA and AMHR. ForMiniSeasons also gave you a great description but hers sounds like a showmanship class and they are done just a bit different than halter.

Good luck and the main thing is to have lots of fun and praise your horse alot so he loves it too.

This is my daughter with her new gelding, Shiney Gold.

shineygold.2285245.jpg

And her other jr gelding Spin

spinfletcher.jpg

And her gelding from last year Lucky Four Hits The Spot

luckywc1.jpg

Your welcome.

The shows that do my suggestion are not showmanship classes, they are the halter classes in our state, but they are not AMHA/R Sanctioned

Lets see here... I have this two photos uploaded online.

#1.

Little Kings Buckeroo Heartbeat (Buckeroo daughter)

From the 2004 Julep Cup. Photo by Robin Cole

Owned at that time by Little King Farm/ Now owned by Heaven Scent Ranch

Showing her I won multi 1st, Eastern Champion and World Top Ten

buckerooheartbeat.jpg

#2.

Whitneyvilles Dandys Neon Moon

(NFCs Dandys Moon Man X NFCS Dandy Shonna)

My driving stallion I show in halter for fun.

Photo by T. Melby from the 2005 Eastern Championship Show

Hes only been shown at the Julep Cup & Regionals in halter this year by myself (Driving with John Eberth and myself at whip)

Won under all judges in Amateur Sr Stallion Level 1 at the Julep Cup 05 & 2005 Eastern Champion. Open halter 3rd at Julep Cup and 4th at Regionals.

neon05regionals.jpg

I love showing halter. One day im either going to be a trainer and take outside horses or have a TON of my own Amateur horses that I show in open too.

You have my respect Jessica, your judges make you work. Thats alot tougher than in a sanctioned show. And your photos look great too so you must being a winning team there,

And Chandler of course you look cute, LOL. Your stallion looked great in the ring, congratulations.

minimomNC said:
And Chandler of course you look cute,  LOL.  Your stallion looked great in the ring, congratulations.

450670[/snapback]

Awwwwwww/ Thanks KAREN
wub.gif
wub.gif

Yes, my stallion looks great in the ring but pretty crapty outside of it. hehe
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Samantha is so lucky getting to show all those GELDINGS! I think the last geling I showed was WF SET ON GO last fall. They are fun to show thats for sure.

You guys are helping out soo much. Just got a new show halter today and we are working on all of this. The pics are superb! You guys are some really talented people.
biggrin.gif
yes.gif

Here is me with my Sr. Mare Mel.

SrMareclass.jpg

and here is me with Reggie, my Jr. Gelding.

Regal2.jpg

sorry, both pics are a little dark

for regular halter you wait at the ingate. The judge calls you to walk towards them and then trot away and then like up. You set your horse in the pose in the lineup. the judge then goes thru the line and looks at each horse one at a time. You continue showing and keeping your horse posed even after the judge passes you because they are always comparing you to another horse in the line. You dont let down your guard until you hear the announcer say the class has been pinned. It is different at the open shows that miniseasons goes to and the amhr shows that I do.

Here are a couple of me . The first horse is Princess now owned by Cheryl Powell.

f4f4afa8.jpg

Me and Carbon at Regionals last year

f2e5d7ac.jpg

Me and Teddy at regionals.

f7da4222.jpg

Now for showmanship this is how I looked with Carbon

f6a3e850.jpg

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back