Pics of Ruby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capall beag

Reaction score
York Beach, Maine originally from Ireland!
Sorry the pics are big.

She still has a very thick coat for Summer, it hides her true condition a bit.

Any ideas on how old she is?

rubygirl010.jpg

rubygirl007.jpg

rubygirl012.jpg

rubygirl011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That just breaks my heart. Im so glad shes in a better place!

Goodness... she's a big horse foal? Bones. It's an easy prediction that your next photos will show hope in her eyes.

About the nursing part--I noticed after Blessing left--Rosie tried nursing Whisper for a few days--it was short lived of course as Whisper, ever so gently, let her know it wouldn't work. I think it is a total comfort issue.

but now she has company and you. As soon as she can trust her situation, she'll be a new girl.
default_wub.png

Poor baby....I am so happy you have her now, and I will be watching for an update. I bet we will hear about an amazing spark and personality blooming now that she is with you.

Awwww Fiona,,,

I think it won't be much time at all that she will be having that bright eyed love face that horses get,,,, for you. They are so forgiving. It really is remarkable. They can suffer such tortures and still find love in their hearts. This a wonderful kind-hearted thing you have done for her.

OH MY!!! She is lovely and in no time downright beautiful. She has such a kind beautiful wonderful face. I'm so glad you both found each other. She will be shining those big browns at you in no time. How big is she?

I have been thinking about Ruby. I would say she is probably just about 18 months old, not much older with that mane and tail. Being a pony she just doesn't look any older than that. She will be beautiful and I would say she should gain weight nicely in three months or so. I can't wait to watch her mature! Thank you for saving her!
default_laugh.png

Thanks for all your replies.

I, too, think she is about 18 months+

She came to the fence today and nickered when she saw me.

I think the nicker was for the food I bring
default_wink.png
, not me
default_biggrin.png

Although I took the halter off her face, because it is all scarred and she doesn't need it. She rubbed her head on me today
default_smile.png

I notice she doesn't understand space, like she kind of walks into you when she passes??

Definately no aggression, more not knowing.

Any suggestions on feeding?

I have on hand good hay, beet pulp, strider pellet, hay pellets, BOSS.

I can buy another grain next time I go.

Back