Pics of Champion Halter horses as foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosaroca

Reaction score
I'm looking for pics of foals that grew up to be champions in halter. Show me what you got.
default_biggrin.png

Here's our stallion, Ericas Echos of My Destiny HOF, as a foal. Destiny has a National Championship in Halter as a senior stallon. Additinlaly, Destiny is a Reserve National Grand at Driving, is a repeated National Top 10 / 5 / 3, has his Halter Hall of Fame, nearly 50 Championships in both registries, 50+ first places at Halter, was a repeated National All Star and made the AMHA Honor Roll... He has national champion / world champion siblings on both sides and is a proven sire of exceptional foals. I'm eternally grateful to Erica Killion for all her work with Destiny and for letting me call him mine, thought Erica will ALWAYS be his co-mommy. In my heart, he is always going to be "ours". Tthis is how Destiny looked as a baby:

-

destinystall-smallest.jpg
desitny-grass-smallest.jpg
echosofmydestiny.jpg

PS I should have shown him also as a grown up -- here he is as an adult:

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20002.jpg
Destiny%205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Total Eclipse Dances on Heir. He was PtHA World Champion halter horse as a yearling. 9 horses in the class and the 3 judges were unanimous in their decision.
default_smile.png
He's 3 now and still does awesome in halter. He has never shown where he didn't get at least one champion and usually gets multiple. Now we're doing the performance with him...jumping, trail and started driving. What I like best is he's not only pretty, he's very athletic also!

100_1286.jpg

100_1695.jpg

Here's his World shot.

scan0002.jpg

Interesting thread. Don't know if your interest is in trying to read early conformation signs, but I know I always find that very challenging to say the least!!

Here is a picture of Raven as a baby:

raven3.jpg

When she finally matured she'd kept her pretty head, nice shoulder and high tailset, but her back lengthened and she became less "square" if that makes any sense. However, she still ended up with 2 World Titles (open and ammy), 1 National title (only showed in open in AMHR), 2 World Reserve titles, many top 5's, many Supremes and Grands, Honor Roll every year and earned her AMHA Register of Merit (ROM) in open halter.

Here is a pic from her last show prior to retiring:

ravenbd2009ws01web.jpg

I have another mare, need to see if I can find her baby pic, that from that pic you would have thought she'd NEVER grow up to show and she ended up just one Grand shy of her HOF in halter as a 29" mare. Sometimes you just never know.

I think everyone on here has seen this photo of Max (OTM Maximum Firepower) at 4 days of age:

Max_rt_side.jpg

Max is now co-owned by Kristina Slobody and won 4 Supremes (3 Open, 1 Ammy) at his last shows June 26-27 in Maine. Yes, they were just local shows, but I counted at least 4 recent AMHA World Champions/Reserve World Champions among the horses showing at the AMHA show Sunday.

mainehorseshowsupreme.jpg

And yes, that is me, a Level 1 Amateur, showing him to the Ammy Supreme. And yes, he is turning gray; that is the Blue Boy breeding from his dam!

ok I realize this isn't the best picture in the world but it's all I have

389532945.jpg

He is Cross Country Barracuda a Lazy N Redboy son he was a Res. National Champion Senior Stallion in 2008 and he will hopefully be going back with a trainer next year. He has 3 mares in foal for next year which will be his very first foal crop so can't wait for that
default_wub.png

Here he is in 2008 at nationals

383120095.jpg

I love him a lot can't you tell lol
default_wub.png
btw that is also him in my avatar

Love all the horses listed so far especially Destiny

These are some awesome pictures! What wonderful foals all of these horses are.......you can really see each was special.

This is our PtHA World Champion, Loess Hills Aces Dark Arrogance in halter as a yearling. He was unamimous under four judges. My husband also took many 1st in Amateur with him last year. He is going to be getting some ground driving training, and hopefully show in driving next year.

InkyAug08.jpg

Inkyneckcomp.jpg

DSC_7279.jpg

I love this topic, very interesting. Hope to see more great examples
aktion033.gif

Here is SF Mahogany Bay. Was an ugly baby.

cmaple.jpg

As an adult, AMHR Reserve National Champion Senior Stallion 32 - 34

Maple.jpg

What an interesting thread!

Here are baby pics of Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher aka "Catch" as a baby in 2005.

catch05.jpg

And here he is driving at the 2009 AMHA World Show winning Reserve World Champion out of 58 in the class

catchdawni09world.jpg

And lastly, here he is several weeks ago at the Estes Park Show winning three supremes in halter.

catchsupremesjune2010.jpg

Dawn

What a neat thread. It is so cool to see them transformed from wee ones to beautiful adults. There are some gorgeous horses posted!!
default_biggrin.png

I just love this thread! Its always so fun to see them as adorable babies and then as amazing adults.
default_aktion033.gif

Here are a few of my shetlands...I have a thing for bay or bay pinto's if you cannot tell...

Alpha Farms Magical Melody - Foal

H00140_KatFilly_20070530_280h.jpg

2yr old (below)

4640_1105517353151_1083294008_30331.jpg

Wall Street Heads Up Sucre - Foal (bad bad picture)

Sucrebabypicsregpapers005.jpg

4yr old (below)

Sucresitefront.jpg

Another since I could only post so many pictures in one post..

Buckeye WCF Jack Of Diamonds - Foal

celebration09colt03.jpg

Congress 2009 (below)

asdf.jpg

Yearling 2010 (below)

31155_1374281472086_1083294008_30972749_2237533_n.jpg

...and another..

Then, she was never shown but I think she is really neat and one of my favorite mares, if I had room in the barn and she not spent almost 5 years untouched in a pasture I probably would have shown her next year as a senior classic mare..

Wauk A Way Kitty - foal

WAWkittysfilly05.jpg

5yr old

36664_10150197199650455_38679743545.jpg

Great pics, everyone! And what pretty babies!

Anyone else have any pretty pics of foals who grew into halter champions?

Here's my guy, Redrock Magic Maker at approx 2 months of age in 2004.

MM1.jpg

Then a few months later at the AMHA World show - Top 10 with his dam in Mare and Current Year Foal.

MagicMaker.jpg

Pictured here at 3 years of age after winning AMHA Champion Sr Stallion and mulitple PtHA World Top 10's.

5-07MagicMaker1.jpg

And this summer at 6 yrs of age.

6-10MagicMakers2.jpg

6-10MagicMakers4.jpg

This is such a fun thread, I had to finally post (for the first time, LOL!)

Here are pictures of Indian Peaks MB Dancin Fancy:

Fancy_4-9-07.jpg
Fancy_Central_Aote_Champion.jpg

and Indian Peaks Buck Beethoven, pictured at 7 days old and 3 years old:

BuckColt06.jpg
Beethoven_Central_2009.jpg

Back