Pics From Linda's Benefit Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
The Linda Best Benefit Show was today and it was awesome, I had a great time thanks to the hard work of those who put it together!
default_saludando.gif

I am very proud of my girls, they did very well! Kassie was in her first halter class today and she got 2nd. Then we had hands-free obstacle which I was SURE she would do great in because she does so well off lead jumping, trotting poles, backing, etc. at home.....
default_rolleyes.gif
Basically it was a 'no thanks ma!!!' and that was that! Then I did liberty with Covergirl, she didn't place but I didn't expect her to, it was purely for fun and she ran her little heart out, as soon as the music stopped I just said woah and she walked towards me.
default_wub.png
Then I had hunter with Kassie, she got 2nd! (She's been improving in hunter over the summer- 6th then 4th now 2nd!) And then I had jumping with both of them. I took Covergirl in first and she just soars over those jumps! But we didn't make it to the second round because she had a refusal which was entirely my fault, I hesitated before it and she knew it. Then I ran out to get Kassie who was awesome too and made it to the second round where we knocked one down. Kass got 3rd and Covergirl got 4th! I am so proud!
default_wub.png

Anyway, here are some pictures from the day!

These pictures were taken by my friend Karen Rudolph, thanks Karen!

Mocha's Keep Her In Kashmere in Halter

KassKaren.jpg

prettykass.jpg

Hands-Free Obstacle

She was SUPPOSED to trot over the poles but you can see what she obviously didn't do....
default_rolleyes.gif

kassnopoles.jpg

Kassie Jumping

kassJUMP.jpg

Blurry but you get the point, SRF Covergirl can JUMP!
default_wub.png
I think my little one cleared it, do you?
default_smile.png
default_wink.png

CovergirlJUMP.jpg

Liberty

CGblurrrrrrry.jpg

I took the following photos of the girls

There were 4-5 young girls who fell in love with Covergirl and so I let them lead her around and she loved all the attention

IMG_6022-1.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

Miss Sassy Kassie taking a bow

IMG_6035.jpg

Molly was playing with Kass, here she is jumping her

IMG_6087.jpg

Molly was asking her to lie down but she said no thanks!
default_laugh.png

IMG_6088.jpg

You want me to do WHAT?!?!

IMG_6089.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my girls :love , there are a bit more of Kass than Covergirl because she had a lot more classes.

And Molly- thanks for all your help, so glad you guys finally got to meet my girls, it's only been 2 years!
default_rolleyes.gif

Rebecca

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca, your girls were awesome!!! They are so beautiful and you are one AWESOME mini owner and trainer! Thats why they try so hard for you!! The pictures are terriffic!! Will you be going to NbarH again next year??

Congratulations again!!

Joyce

newminiowner.jpg
Rebecca,

I hope you do not mind but I just loved your pictures and wanted to make the following for you.

Lisa

Becca,

I think maybe Covergirl has springs in her hooves! :DOH! She is an amazing jumper!

And Kassie is the only horse I know that will lay down on command - what a great job you have done training them both!

:eek:)

Joyce- My goal is to hit every NbarH show next year but I also may be bringing the girls to the Crowell's in Mass and we'll be hitting some shows, keeping fingers crossed! This year was my first real show season and I ended up with 17 ribbons from 4 shows!!!! Thank you for your compliments, they really mean the world to me, my girls know I'm the boss and the trainer but they also realize I am a partner and friend, and not the big bad guy. we don't work, we play and have fun and a good time. Our relationship is wonderful and I get to spend so much time with them, I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

GOTTACK- Wow, thank you so much! That is amazing, you have quite the talent, I love it.
default_wub.png

Thanks all for the congratulations and compliments, I feel like I'm progressing as a trainer and horse mom and they most definitely have progressed throughout this show season.

Rebecca

Edited to add- Karen we posted at the same time haha. I agree, Covergirl has springs or SOMETHING in her feet, she flies! And Kass is pretty amazing too, smart as a whip. Over the winter Covergirl will have more clicker training, my goal is to get her almost where Kass is, minus the lying down. I love training them and watching them grow, they are just amazing and my girls do it all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Becca! You, Kass, and Covergirl all did a fantastic job! I'm proud of how far you come from the question-filled person you were when I met you! Now you're the one teaching me!

And haha, yes, it was nice to finally meet the girls after knowing OF them for so long. I recognized them the moment I saw them.
default_laugh.png

Becca your girls have improved so much since I last saw them
default_new_shocked.gif

It's great to know that they are doing so well.

Hope to see you and the girls again soon
default_yes.gif

Congrats!

Paige

Look at you go!! Amazing job with your girls. You have come such a long way with them. I can tell you are having a blast too, which makes it all the better.

Just a note on Covergirl, I fully agree with Karen, for such a tiny little mare, she just flies over those jumps!

It was so great to meet you yesterday. You have done a wonderful job with your minis. You have every right to be proud!!

Thanks all! Matt, hearing a compliment from you means a lot, I truly enjoyed showing under you and I hope you will judge at some shows next year!

Awww Becca.... Cover Girl looks so great!!!! I am so glad that you are enjoying her... I have said it, but I will say it again, She is one lucky lucky little mare. And your Kassie is quite the character... I love the pictures of her. I hope that I get to meet you at some point and I would love to see Cover Girl again. Its been a while....

Keep up the good work!!!

yes, you have done a great job with them. Covergirl is such a cutie. My daughter thought she was so cute, but then again she loves all horses anyways. I hope to get to see you show again.

Christy

Your horse Kass looks exactly like a quarter horse we just had to put down, it was bittersweet to see you at linda's show
default_wub.png
Beautiful horses

Latest posts

Back