pic of patches udder from 3 weeks ago

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

heres a pic i took of her udder 3 weeks ago. not a great pic but you can see how swollen she is in front of her udder and the milk veins popping out.

When lewella looked at her she said she was quartered. I had never heard that term LOL. She is so broad now across the back that im worried if shes not in foal i have got her way too fat. I pulled her off pasture 3 months ago so normally she would drop weight pretty fast being pulled off the grass but she has not dropped an ounce.

Also you can see a bit in this pic the yellow stuff dried to her back legs

Just for reference patches is 7 years old and has never been bred.

id go take a new pic but im sicker then a dog with a bad cold
sad.gif

patchesudder.JPG

[SIZE=14pt]Usually when our mares bags are dripping milk they look like cow udders. The udder developement here isnt consistant with that. It looks like an open obese mares udder to me... Kay dont kill me..... but when our mares drip they can barely walk the bag between their legs is so full, hard and hot.[/SIZE]

Lyn

i know lyn i agree!!! this whole thing is so weird. But several people have come and seen her and they all say shes in foal. She has the thickest stickiest yellow stuff coming out of her udder. At night its much fuller then shrinks during teh day. The other weird thing is at first it was really thin yellow stuff and now its thick like honey. My friend ginny thought she was just fat too until i milked her and showed her.

would a never bred mare have that thick sticky stuff???

Im gonna shoot myself. I had a shetland all lined up to breed her to but then didnt because i thought she was in foal. I also didnt enter her in congress thinking she was bred UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

[SIZE=14pt]Yes they can have that sticky stuff..... Rachaels mares do it all the time. Even her goats who were obese, never bred had long hanging udders with "stuff" in them. Image did it and she was not bred either.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaykay, save yourself some more lost sleep and heartburn and get Dr Meyer or Dr Tucker out there. Dr Tucker can sonagram her and let you know in a few minutes.

She can also draw some blood and get some test done to find out just what is wrong.

Latest posts

Back