Pic of my new mini...still alot of work to do..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shasta

Reaction score
picassa2.JPG

this is my filly's sire

Sire.jpg

I do hope to show Picassa next spring..Can't seem to get that belly off her in time for the show this weekend. Free longing her 4-5 a week. Diet also..

Thanks...

Shasta said:
picassa2.JPG
this is my filly's sire

Sire.jpg

I do hope to show Picassa next spring..Can't seem to get that belly off her in time for the show this weekend. Free longing her 4-5 a week. Diet also..

Thanks...

467507[/snapback]

Picandstacy.JPG

Body clipping pics..My friend Stacy holding her...what fun! Picassa is a yearling..supposed to be Palomino but I see gray...lol

Oh well, she is super cute...26.5 inches tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daddy's definitely a palomino, but your filly sure looks like a silver dapple to me. (Which IS gray in color, but a true gray fades. Silvers don't.) Do you know what the mom looked like?

She's nice!

Leia

What kind of diet are you giving her?

She looks likes she needs more food, if a horse lacks some nutrients their belly will blow up.

I assume you probably wormed her well.
wink.gif

She sure looks like a cuty!

Love her bright eyes!
wub.gif

I tend to agree with Meavey. All the exercise in the world won't change her physique as you see it until she gets more feed.

She likely needs a "growing horse" formula feed and for her age and activity level she would need what is recommended for her weight/age.

I would add some beet pulp, too, and as much good quality hay as she can eat.

Also consult your vet per worming and floating teeth.

Just what I would do if she were mine.
smile.gif

She is certainly a silver dapple in color. Dad MAY be hiding the silver gene in his color. I have an old mare same color as him, registered palomino pinto, but her daughter carries the silver gene as she had a silver colt by a black stallion.

Confusing? Sorry!

Cute little mare, but she'll look really nice when she fills out w/some more feed and growth.

Liz M.

capall beag said:
Sweet little girl!Beautiful coloring on her face, what pretty eyes!
biggrin.gif

467627[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words..I bought her being told she was a Palomino but when I saw her amha papers it says gray. lol.. I did prefer a palomino but the gray is growing on me..blue eyes to boot. Funny thing is she does have allot of yellow accents which does throw off the idea of just being gray.

Far as feeding. Picassa is on a 16% Mare and foal grain by Vitality, dry beet pulp and Red Cell. getting some Alfalfa hay. I have been reading and learning what everyone else here feeds. Picassa is not getting ran into the ground but a nice trot some lope free pen work out for 15/20 a day 4 to 5 days a week. I've only had her for 3 weeks so be nice...((grins))..If you saw the before pictures...lol

Anyhow, enjoying the helpful info..Thanks...

She is sure a cute little filly. I love the blue eyes. I agree that she looks to be a silver dapple pinto. Here's a picture of my silver dapple pinto for comparison:
63850515.jpg

I WANT THAT ONE!!!!! YEP..YEP..OVERO WILL BE MY DREAM MINI...AHHHHHH
wub.gif

crponies said:
She is sure a cute little filly. I love the blue eyes. I agree that she looks to be a silver dapple pinto. Here's a picture of my silver dapple pinto for comparison:
63850515.jpg

467674[/snapback]

Latest posts

Back