Pic of Little John's "Get" for the year..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniequine

Reaction score
I took a break from cleaning my garage today and

took some pics...

What do you guys do with your ribbons???

Peas teases me 'cause I carefully take home every ribbon

Little John won... Hey, I'm a newbie...
smile.gif
)

I met a girl at the New England show that will make a

quilt for ya out of your ribbons. So neat!!

LittleJohnsRibbons.jpg

I usually donate them back to the club. Helps keep the costs down! Of course - I still keep the few champion ones!!
wub.gif

Nice job, Newbie!! I see lots of blues and purples!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Sandy dont you mean his "take"? I was privileged to meet little John in person..... he is a big horse in a little body and deserved every one of those ribbons.[/SIZE]

Lyn

We also donate back everything but the Grands, Reserves or Supremes. Thank goodness we have been blessed enough to be able to win something to give back.

biggrin.gif

Lyn, he THINKS he's a big horse too... hehehe

I'm not quite to the point of putting my ribbons back

in a box yet.. If I'm lucky enough to get one, I am

just so thrilled still
biggrin.gif

I think I will have them made into a (small) quilt. When it

is done, I'll post a pic.
smile.gif
)

Sandy

LOL, I was surprised when I came into the thread. I was expecting pictures of foals. I'd always heard and used the term 'get' interchangably with offspring, foals, etc... such as: White Russian, BTU, and Jr, are some of my favorite Buckeroo get.

(I'll admit though, you don't hear that use of the word often any more.)

Mee too.....I was kinda wondering what was meant by "get".....

We turn back in the ribbons to be "recycled"....all but the champion ones, of course.
wink.gif
Oh, and Brianna keeps her's - no matter what color!

MA

I keep all of my awards, even the liquid ones.
smile.gif
They were put to good use. LOL

Cole won bottles of wine at Horseheads.
biggrin.gif

I hang a string along one wall, When thats full, the new roll below or or another wall... like a border trim(i think)

In bed room, tack rooms, living room, den room... hehe they make great decoration! expessally the red ones!!
rolleyes.gif
wub.gif
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, we don't give them back because we aren't happy with them. But in just one show earlier this year (well it was actually 2 shows, AMHA/AMHR) I had 4 horses at a show, they won something like 10 grands and 13 reserves and three supremes. Those I brought home. But with a total of 18 classes and 3 judges they won 54 class ribbons. I don't have room for 54 ribbons, I was thrilled to have that great of a show, but it was a first show for this club and now they are 54 ribbons less to buy for the next one. And I have my grands, reserves and supremes to look at. It's not that I don't want them, every ribbon is an accomplishment, we don't always win that many either, that was an exceptional show for us. But giving them back was just the right thing to do for us.

Sandy --

Okay, when you said "get" I was expecting to see a beautiful foal or two!
biggrin.gif
That is a very impressive and beautiful haul you've raked in!!!

I do about the same as you with the ribbons. When my horses first started showing, my "goal" was to have enough 1st, 2nd & 3rd to fill up my wracks at home and the office, then I wanted all 1sts & 2nds, then all 1sts and championships... A girl's gotta dream!

This is the display I have in our florida room at home. I have something similar at the office and have all the trophies on a shelf. Right now most of the 2nds and all of the 3rds on down are in a trunk.

I had an IDEA of what to do with the ribbons, but haven't tried it yet and am not sure I can make it look okay as I am not very crafty or artistic but I thought it would be neat to make door wreaths from them. Like take one of the foam rounds and wrap the strip parts around that and use the rosettes, too. I don't know... I think it would either look really cool or really tacky!

Jill

RIBBONS%20--%2008122005%20--%201.jpg

And, btw, I do understand why some of you donate ribbons back. I have several hundred ribbons, I am sure but OMG, I am STINGY about them. NO, I don't want to part with them not even this one that is an 11th place that one of my angels "won". They ALL mean something to me and even though I have most of them in a trunk, that's just until I find something good to do with them. I am a ribbon junky.

Latest posts

Back