Pic and questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovable minis

Reaction score
Cayenne is 245 days today. I know her bredding dates and she isn't due till early june. I asked before about bag development and was told not till 4 to 6 weeks before she foals but I know there is a difference. Not a bag but there is a "puffyness" to her teats, they have changed.

245days1.jpg

245days3.jpg

245days4.jpg

I heard and did the ring test but I also heard one time about telling the sex of the baby by which side it is on( just for fun). Can anyone tell me more about this or am I wrong?

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to be a colt if carried on the left side and a filly on the right.

Change in the udder is quite normal. I have horses that start at Christmas- That is when I check for the first udder change from wrinkled up and tight to relaxed and a different feel to it. For mares that will foal in April, so that is four months ahead. This year they are foaling later- May/June and the change has just started for real. Nothing to stress about, she seems on track to me.
default_yes.gif
:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! That is what I wondered.

OK...so Cayenne is carring the baby on the left so says its a boy and the ring test also says a boy. Can't wait to see for sure
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back