Photos of trailer conversions for minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
If you have converted your large horse trailer to accommodate the minis, I'd love to see it, would also like to see how you "hang" carts...my show herd has grown pretty dramatically as of late, will need to do some alterations to the rig to get down the road next year.

Thanks for any ideas/photos!!

Neil from the forum had a really neat way of hanging carts from the ceiling of the trailer you might try a search to find it.

Sigh...here I am, always thinking of the "worst-case senario". I remember seeing that Hanging cart modification, and all I could think of was, "OMG...what happens if they are ever in an accident, and the trailer rolls"?

I seriously want to keep a partition between my horses, and anything that could move in the event of an accident. You just never KNOW! If I had no room in my trailer, or truck...I would rather take the wheels off the carts and store them on the sides or rear of the trailer on a specially built rack or frame. JMHO...always too careful, but never sorry.

we modified my four horse slant load. I have large horses too, so anything I did still had to accommidate them. we left the from section alone, I store my generator and wagon and feed and such up there, then we took out the second divider and shorted the thrid divider so that it connects into the wall onthe opposite side where the second divider should go. So basically I have to stalls that are 1 1/2 horses wide. My carts go in the middle area, I can fit 3 carts in there. It takes a little creative packing, but they fit and are kept away from the horses. Then my horses ride in the back section. I can fit in four horses comfortably, they stand facing sideways. I'm going to a show this weekend and I'll try and get some pics of it all loaded up if youd like. I also have a rack on top of my traier to the carts encase I need more room for horses.

Let me know if youd like to see pics.

Carrie

Sue C:
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
I am usually the QUEEN of thinking the unthinkable, but now you have me beat. No hanging the carts. Carts in front partition.

What I have is a three horse extra tall (7'6"), extra wide, If I use the front partition for storage of carts, etc, I will need to split the remainder of the trailer to accommodate four minis: doable???

Also, Carrie I would love to see photos.

I, too, have big horses and want to make it so that it isn't TOO much hassle to go between configurations.

I thought about the same thing with the hanging carts. I also, worried about them falling down.

I too would like to see conversion ideas. We bought a 2(full size) horse gooseneck and would like to see some ideas.

If the trailer is that tall could you not put in a compartment above the horses?? I have done that when I have needed to take hay and straw with me, and all my sleeping gear etc- it means normal people have to duck a little but I'm OK and so are the horses!!

If I use the front partition for storage of carts, etc, I will need to split the remainder of the trailer to accommodate four minis: doable???
Yes, that is exactly what I am having done in mine. A removeable, swinging partion between the horses and the front six feet of the trailer. My carts store against the wall, on their ends, shaves pointed up.

If the trailer is that tall could you not put in a compartment above the horses
I too, had thought of that, in case my carts hadn't fit the way I wanted them.

Our trailer is a stock trailer, converted to 8 quite large, individual stalls for minis, but the dividers are not hard to take out if we need to haul big horses. We put our carts on the roof, and it saves tons of room in the trailer--we have fit 7 carts up there, no problem. We just make sure to take the seats off of the carts, and if it rains, the covers get wet, but the carts are just fine, and the covers dry out in no time.

Latest posts

Back