Photography anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WashingtonCowgirl

Reaction score
I'm a wanna be photographer. I love to take pictures of animals, mostly dogs at the moment. Share your pictures!
default_smile.png

Some of my pictures:

My late BC pup Jackson

Friends BC Layla

Friends AmBully Roscoe

More next post
default_smile.png

Maddie, my Carolina Dog mix, who is dang near impossible to photograph!

Moose, my Lab and my camera ham

These are some of my non-dog ones, from the Bandon Oregon West Coat Game Park

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics, Moose reminds me of my old lab, Brutus. We just recently got a good camera....been taking alot of scenery pics. We were in the Upper Penninsula of MI about a month ago and got some descent pics of Pictured Rocks and some waterfalls...unable to load them since I'm on my android, but if I have time I will this evening.

Thanks for sharing!

What lovely pictures. I have an inexpensive camera but I love taking pictures. One of my favorites is my avatar at the moment which is my GSD dog at the top of our pasture. Here's one other one I like.

2011oct22nddrive 029-1.JPG

ok, figured I'd run in and go on the computer and upload a couple real fast:

This is Wagner Falls in Munising, MI:

IMG_0340_zpsbc8d527a.jpg

This is Pictured Rocks also in Munising, MI:

IMG_0129_zpsd6410c51.jpg

and this is an immature Eagle we took a couple weeks ago on our lake:

IMG_0071_zps65a3805b.jpg

Moose is a cutie, I can't believe how much he reminds me of Brutus...of course some think all black labs look the same, but there is definately a difference in them from the shape of their head and their eyes. Brutus was a goofball too!

Great pictures! I love scenery pictures but haven't figured out how to make them look right with my camera.

And I agree about the Labs. They all look so different to me, mostly because of the huge range in head shapes, but you are right about the eyes too
default_smile.png

Great photos! I love photography
default_smile.png
It is my favorite past time. I am working on the business part of it and have started doing equine events, but with winter coming, it has slowed down some. It is killing me, lol. I am having withdrawals...I need to take some photos :D

Anyway, if you are interested in seeing some of my work, the link to my website and Facebook page are in my signature
default_smile.png

Love your animals photos.

You can always tell when people are taking photos of

something they love. It just shines out from the photo.

I love taking photos, too. I lost my 'pet' camera, in the flood

in 2006, and never replaced it and all it's lenses.

The photos don't seem the same anymore but I take so many

photos of my dog it's almost embarassing. :D

I take alot of pics of wildflowers while we are out in the woods...they are easy because there is only one item to focus on and they don't move....lol. I'll upload some tonight if I can.

Wow, nice pictures everyone. Makes me want to drag my camera out and

dust it off
default_smile.png

Went camping the past couple days (Salmon fishing and it snowed...blah...we did get some nice fish for the freezer though) got a couple descent pics of wildlife I wanted to share..Manistee, MI:

Bald Eagle

IMG_0621.jpg

Blue Heron

IMG_0602.jpg

I tried to tweak the Eagle photo with some software I bought....I have no clue what I'm doing but I think it looks alittle better? What do you think...this is my first attempt at editing...and suggestions? At least the sky doesn't look so dreary...it was really nasty, overcast this day.

eagleadjusted.jpg

I actually prefer the original version of the eagle better Sonya. AWESOME photos everyone! Keep them coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mona...I really need to learn to edit, the program I bought is confusing. I need photo editing for dummies!

No, it's not that you did a poor job of editing, I just meant I thought the photo iteself looked better with the grey sky background, rather than turning it blue. It wasn't meant as a critisism towards your editing ability.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back