Photo Shoots for your horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniequine

Reaction score
I am curious.. If you hired a photographer to come to your farm,, What kind of photo would YOU prefer?

Standard Halter ? Straight profile ?

Candid ?

Liberty ?

Head shots ?

Driving ?

With fancy collar and halter ? or Show Halter ?

Clipped horse or natural coat ?

Do you typically use the photo digitally ? or print it ?

I like a show halter for photos as standard ones are just not as pretty. I do like to see profile shots of horses but also like ones from a 3/4 angle that shows their leg conformation a bit too but still looking really pretty. In all honesty if I hired a photographer I would probably want to get as much done while I had one here as possible. I would want candid taken, liberty on certain horses, driving on certain horses, and def. head shots. I also do have fancy collars and show halters so would probably want some pictures using them. I actually prefer natural coat when possible, obviously if the horse shed off really well naturally otherwise would have to clip. I always use photos digitally and only print one copy of each horse out for an album. Hope this is what you were looking for and just what I would want, I keep wanting to get a photographer out here but just trying to save up to have it done so have thought about it some.

Someday I would love to have a photographer to the farm. I would like a natural coat, a show halter and various poses from halter, to head shot, to candid. Hope that helps.
default_smile.png

Shots: I like a bit of everything!
default_yes.gif

Show halter-show harness

Grooming: which ever way the horse looks his/her best!

I like show halter pictures, head shot, and at liberty. Driving pictures usually look great if your horse is broke.

Candid shots and "dressed up" shots such as Arabian style dress are not my thing and when I see those photos I think it distracts from the horse as I'm busy looking at tack.

Andrea

Sandy, thank you for asking for our opinions! I so love the shoot you did with Sky! I had a pro take shoots of our stallion before I found you and they only did halter ones, I regret not having them take liberty shots to show his movement. In my opinion I would get the horse show ready, clipped, bathed, etc. just as if I was going to a show, (now this is for promo). I would want liberty shots first to show movement and action, then oil mine up and using a show halter get several halter shots from all angles. We don't drive, but if I did, I would also want some of those too. I don't use the fancy collars, but if someone else wanted to, I think it is a good idea. I print some out for a album that I have and for a photo display that I take to shows, the others I use for web-site and promotion. The digital CD comes in handy, as I let Crystal put pictures on her computer too just in case something happened to mine.

A bit of everything (which I know is not feasible in a day or weekend, which is why I do most all of our photos myself)..

Posed halter photos, from difference angles / poses are nice. I like "herd" pictures of broodmares. Driving photos. Clipped / Natural, I like both pending the horse. Liberty photo's are nice too.

I really have no use for a printed photo, preference being digital photo
default_smile.png

I'd be happy with any of your photos Sandy. They are always gorgeous!

Halter / dramatic halter poses would be my choice -- but with you behind the lense, I am pretty sure I'd love "whatever" of my nags
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back