Photo programs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Are there any photo programs that can be downloaded for free? Looking for something to edit and print pictures with.

There are quite a few. If you are using Windows XP there is "paint" on your computer, it comes with the operating system. I think Vista also has a built in one? Microsoft has been doing some commericals about another "free" one. It shows a little girl fixing pictures and emailing them. Picasa 3 is another (I use it sometimes, not bad) www.picasa.com This is one that I have heard is decant www.SerifSoftware.com

Infraview is another. You can get more here

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbase...reephotoedw.htm

I have had so much trouble with photo programs with pics being too large and me being computer challenged. I love picasa, it is so easy to use and organize with.

I use picnik.com a lot ..nothing to download but you can do a fair amount of editing and save it to your computer or straight to photobucket.

I have trouble with the sizing too and am TOTALLY computer illiterate. When I put the pictures on my website he suggested that I use Picasa. I did and it was sooooooooooooooooo easy to use that even I had no problems with it.

Do those programs allow you to put multiple pictures on a page to print? Different pictures as in registration photos? I seem to be having trouble finding a way to do that.

Becky, I had some pictures developed at Wal-Mart...and I had them put on a disc. This has been a while back but there was a shortened version of Picture It on it. It's amazing what you can do with that program. I have the full version of Picture It now and I still go back to Picture It (I think it is call Express).

Becky, if you can get your photos sized to inches, you can put them all on a Word page to print. When you insert the picture in a Word document, go up to Format. In Format, click on Layout and select tight. Then you should be able to move the photos around on the page. You will have to Format each picture. If you have Microsoft Photo Editor (check in your startup Microsoft Programs--if you have Word you most likely have Photo Editor) you can change those photos to inches. I think it's under View--Measurement Units.

Latest posts

Back