Phone service

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
T Mobile is offering $10 per month home phone service (my cell phone is T Mobile). After doing some research, I see that you have to have an existing broadband connection and a wireless T mobile router with a home phone connection. So, the phone service is through your computer? I don't leave my computer on all the time and thunderstorms and ice storms here can knock the electricity off for hours even days. I also pay AT&T for my DSL internet service, so I would have to keep paying for that and I gather pay for the phone line from AT&T it comes in on?? Can't see that this would save me any money?!

i had a friend switch to Vonage internet phone and its horrible. he always sounds like hes in a tunnel or there is tons of static and it cuts out like a cell phone. Probably in a few years it will be better but right now its bad.

I had Vonage and thru Ridgeviewtel, both are ok, but slow and there is a 3-4 second pause or gap. so when you or the other person talks, it takes about 3-4 seconds to go thru so there are delays. Oh, and when the internet service goes down, so does your phone. My company was constantly doing upgrades, so my service was out.its an ok service, if you can live with a few quirks. but once our local phone company offered an unlimited we switched back, I couldn't stand the delay. But maybe now, 6 months later, things have improved. But ask questions, down time and delay time in speaking.

Becky, I first got cable phone through Road Runner and not it is through Comcast. I love it. No long distance bills. I have had occassions when it has gone down......but that was mainly when they were just getting it in my neighborhood. I use the same cable service for my internet, tv and phone. The phone is much cheaper than SW Bell because I had to pay a toll fee (or something) so my calls into Houston would be long distance.

Latest posts

Back