Petunia udate...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]just talked to the vet and she said she seems to be doing better today, eating more and drank a gallon of water last night. temp. is still down, she is giving her a shot of oxytocin (sp?) this morning, she said there is still alot of drainage but it is not smelly so that is good. Petunia has stopped groaning when she poops and pees. still no braying just sqeeks
default_rolleyes.gif
: . she did clip her left side because she is getting a little raw from the drainage in her coat. she put desitine on it to keep the wet off. this is the first time the vet has sounded like she might have a chance, we were giving Petunia until Thurs. but today she said she is thinking Sat. we should know more. this is positive and i am feeling better this morning after talking to her. i didn't sleep good last night but i am going to try and take a nap. Zada just asks if "her" Petunia is going to be able to come home. Nikki[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Yeah Nikki!!!! Pooping, peeing, eating & drinking, temp staying down, I think your bases are covered and she is on the road to recovery!!!! :aktion033: I am so relieved!!! Has the vet said if her swelling has gone down any? I would think by now it has with all the treatment........is she able to get up with assistance? Continued prayers for her!!!
default_wub.png
: Get rested up!!!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Wonderful news!!! I keep going out and hugging and kissing our Petunia and sending prayers your way. I can't even imagine how rough it must be but it sounds like you have a wonderful and caring vet. She sounds alot like my good friend who is also a vet. I think it makes all the difference. Keep up the good work Petunia, Momma and your family are waiting for you at home! It just isn't the same without you!!

hugs to you all.

Glad to hear there is some improvement. We'll continue to pray for her and hope for a full recovery! :aktion033:

[SIZE=12pt]yup, i forgot to mention, the swelling is down but still looking nasty but like she said it was pretty severe so it will take awhile. her vulva is slothing off big pieces of dead skin also. she has stood up a few more times since yesterday morning but can only do it with assistance and then it is only for a few seconds but she doesn't groan or shake afterwards now...[/SIZE]

Oh I am so happy to hear you lil girl is doing so much better. I havent posted on here yet. I didnt have the words to say for you. I myself went through a tragady with the bear attack last week. So my words are still a lil shacky. When I saw the pics of your lil tunia my heart hit the floor. I felt so bad for her and for you having to go through this. I heart is going out to you and Putunia for a good recovery. I wake up everymorning and look to see if you have posted an update. Again I am so happy to hear such positive updates on Putunia. You get you some rest and take care of yourself, your girl sounds like she is in very good hands.

All the hugs, kisses and prayers sending your way.
default_wub.png
:

Alice

Thank you for the update, I am so happy the news is good! Continued prayers for you and Petunia. I hope you get some rest.

[SIZE=12pt]Nikki, I am so glad to hear the good updated news. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I amalso glad to hear you vet is giving her at least till Saturday. I do think (and feel) she will pull thru this for you. Tunia knows you love her and she needs to come home to you and Zada.
default_wub.png
: You sound alot better now too
default_yes.gif
: Talk later, Ce
[/SIZE]

what a relief to see the little heart next to the title of this post! :aktion033:

Nikki a word of caution, i am sure that Petunia did not get as torn as Bonny inside, but what is happening to the outside of her sounds like what happened to Bonny... once you get her home, make sure she keeps peeing! we lost Bonny 2 months later because the scar tissue sealed up her urethra... my vet, after Bonny died, muttered "i was afraid something like that might happen" - and all i could think was :eek: WHY didn't you mention it, i would have watched for that... and maybe could have done something about it before it was too late. :no: please don't take this as raining on your parade, just a word of caution for the future.

still sending prayers and lots of good thoughts for all of you
default_wub.png
:

default_wub.png
: We can learn so much from Tunia...she is determined to get better.

Bless her heart
default_wub.png
:

Great News! to start my day
default_yes.gif
:

I'll talk to ya later Nik

:aktion033: Gald to hear she is doing better
default_wub.png
: Still sending prayers for you, Sweet Petunia!!
default_pray.gif
: , Keep getting better and Better
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=18pt]i just hung up the phone...the vet called and said she was in the stall with Petunia and she was STANDING...she said she helped her up and then it took a minute for Petunia to get her balance but then just leaned a little bit for support on her (the vet). she stood for about 3 or 4 minutes. i can't believe it, i can't stop crying...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]OMG Nikki, I am so happy for you I have tears in my eyes just reading this post! Keep up the great updates our dear little Tunia, this forum is counting on you now. We're all pulling for you Tunia, especially your Mom and Zada. SUPER GREAT NEWS NIK. Ce[/SIZE]

Wonderful news! :aktion033: My husband is even asking about Petunia updates.
default_smile.png
In fact, he wanted to know what the lastest was today. I'm so glad to hear that Petunia is doing better! :aktion033: I'm another person who was in tears reading your updates. Keep them coming!

chico

[SIZE=14pt]OMG that is great news. Even my husband comes home everyday and asks how Petunia is doing!!!! She has a lot of fans pulling for her![/SIZE]

:488: [SIZE=12pt]Petunia is a FIGHTER!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! That is great news!!!!! She must be feeling soooo much better!!!! She sure has alot of people praying for her recovery!!![/SIZE] :488:

OMG...Nikki :cheeky-smiley-006: That is beyond words.. what Tunia accomplished today....

WHHoooooooooo.... HOOOOOooooooooooo !!! :cheeky-smiley-006:

**she does have alot of people praying for her
default_wub.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]That is such awsome news Nikki!!!! My eyes are watering again too!
default_yes.gif
: Bless her little heart! She has such a strong soul and the will to get better so she can go back home to her humans...
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back